Author Topic: Darwinbots 2.45.01 And DarwinbotsIM 1.2.05  (Read 6247 times)

Offline Shasta

• Administrator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Darwinbots 2.45.01 And DarwinbotsIM 1.2.05
« on: August 29, 2010, 12:59:01 AM »
Darwinbots 2.45.00 brings some big, breaking changes to play. Well, one at least. DB now closely meshes with DarwinbotsIM. Press the internet button and a teleporter will be created and DarwinbotsIM launches and starts sending and downloading with no other user input.

To set this stuff up there are some options under the Internet Tab in the Options form. Also, if you go under the menu option Internet you can press "Interent Teleporter..." to quickly edit the settings on the teleporter.

Bots are teleported IN at a random location, but they still go out on collision with the teleporter.

The default directories used are {Darwinbots Directory}\IM\inbound and {Darwinbots Directory}\IM\outbound these are not currently there on install (New installer soon also...)

The new version of DarwinbotsIM is a command line application. To most people this shouldn't matter, but it accepts the arguments:
Code: [Select]
[-in <path>] [-out <path>] [-name <string>] [-pid <processID>] All of these are required for it to work.

There still is a GUI version available as DarwinbotsGUIM, it no longer auto-updates its own executable though.

Make sure you have the new version of DarwinbotsIM in the same directory as Darwin2.45.00+

Please post any bugs you find to the forums, I'm sure there will be some.

Update: Some minor bugs fixed in both program. Download links are updated to the new version

Download Darwin2.45.01
Download DarwinbotsIM 1.2.05
Download DarwinbotsGUIM 1.2.05
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:06:27 AM by Shasta »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Darwinbots 2.45.00 And DarwinbotsIM 1.2
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 02:03:37 AM »
Careful you don't run out of version numbers... ;)

Offline Shasta

• Administrator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 03:35:22 AM »
I'll try not to :happy:

Everything is committed up to SVN now. Subverison really didn't like my changes to DarwinbotsIM so it took a bit longer than normal.

http://www.darwinbots.com/svn/Darwinbots2
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:20:19 AM by Shasta »

Offline Shasta

• Administrator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 04:50:04 AM »
I fixed the permissions so you can actually download the new files now. :wacko:

Offline Ammeh

• Queen of the Internets
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 03:50:36 AM »
Just a couple of points:
the new system is pretty good, but having no option to hide the extra window kinda sucks :\ I'm not sure how or even if a window can be hidden in console mode, but yeah...

2nd point: if DB crashes, DBIM doesn't. it should probably be made to detect whether DB is running and end itself if it isn't.

3rd and final point: DB desperately needs some protection against malformed DBO files. It crashes if even the smallest thing is a little off.

But yeah, good job :D it's nice to have it working again.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 12:44:36 PM »
If the IM hack and Darwinbots proper are starting to get interdependent, you might want to put them in the same Subversion source tree.  From past experience it's usually a pain to try and figure out where project X was at at changelist 284 for project Y.

Offline Shasta

• Administrator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Darwinbots 2.45.01 And DarwinbotsIM 1.2.02
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 12:19:15 AM »
Darwinbots2IM is now in the Darwinbots2 SVN repository. I also created a tag for 2.45.01