Author Topic: Source code changing, NO INTERNET, need spesific info...  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Source code changing, NO INTERNET, need spesific info...
« on: August 20, 2010, 01:16:06 PM »
Hello Numsgil and Shasta:

First I will like to thank you for still working on that good old vb6 version of DB.  8)
Once in a while I work on it as well, I modified version 2.44.1 to evolve a killer from scratch (old story, but at least now I am seeing some success  :D)
However, it will take me a long time (with a lot of use of Windiff) to update my changes into version 2.44.6, especially because I have no internet at home.

What I need is:

All lines of code that have been changed that effect the behavior of the robots during a simulation.
Where to find these lines and/or what the old lines where.
Which models these lines are in.

Remember, I do not need most bug fixes because they do not effect actual in sim’s bot behavior.
I will need stuff like "•Poison degrades like slim and behaves more like venom."

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Source code changing, NO INTERNET, need spesific info...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 02:15:26 PM »
Eh, don't thank me too much.  I did all of jack squat.

All lines of code that have been changed that effect the behavior of the robots during a simulation.
Where to find these lines and/or what the old lines where.
Which models these lines are in.

Just do a SVN diff.  You'll get all changed lines of code.  Then just carefully think through each one and see if it's a UI change or a simulation change.  Mostly I think everything's been UI changes.

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »
Winmerge? Also is usable to port your modifications.

Offline Shasta

• Administrator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 06:53:50 PM »
WinMerge would really help you out here (if you use tortoise svn a similar tool is included, else http://winmerge.org/ ). I'm doing a very large change to DB2  (code wise), but as long as you haven't touched the internet function there shouldn't be many / if any conflicts.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 06:40:08 PM »
Just do a SVN diff.

Well I would off but, Like i sayed before, I really have no authority to install SVN and download codes on the club house computers...

Oh well , I will continue with my evolution prosses in the hope that the virsion used for F1 will stay old for a while (can you make that one happen instead?)

P.S.
No internet == SUCKS is TRUE

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »
Hmm, I think you can run everything you need on a thumb drive maybe?  Unless you're totally locked out.