Author Topic: Veggies  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Panda

• Global Moderator
  • Bot Destroyer
  • Computer Science Undergraduate (nerd)
    • View Profile
Veggies
« on: May 28, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »
I am wondering how far you could go into making an autotroph like an ordinary bot and where people wouldn't say it is a veggie any more.

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Veggies
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:35:31 PM »
You mean like making an epic combat robot and calling it a veggie? I think I would still call it a regular bot if it a) was intended to be one or  fucntions fine as a regular bot, maybe even better.

Offline Panda

• Global Moderator
  • Bot Destroyer
  • Computer Science Undergraduate (nerd)
    • View Profile
Veggies
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 10:50:26 PM »
Quote from: Houshalter
You mean like making an epic combat robot and calling it a veggie? I think I would still call it a regular bot if it a) was intended to be one or  fucntions fine as a regular bot, maybe even better.

I would probably agree with that, well, I definatly agree with that. But I was thinking, also, about a DB Venus Fly Trap. Would you class a group of veggies in a line, which, as a bot feeds on them, fights back by stunning it and creating a tight circle around it, and then ties it in the middle feeding off it quickly. Would you class that as a veggie, it's original idea, or as a bot.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Veggies
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 01:19:08 AM »
Don't forget that while veggies in DB get free nrg they also have limits on reproduction that the user sets up.  It's not exactly balanced, though.

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Veggies
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:06:39 AM »
Quote from: Panda
I was thinking, also, about a DB Venus Fly Trap. Would you class a group of veggies in a line, which, as a bot feeds on them, fights back by stunning it and creating a tight circle around it, and then ties it in the middle feeding off it quickly. Would you class that as a veggie, it's original idea, or as a bot.
That would definitly be a veggie, but if it started acting like a non-veggie I would treat it differently. We do need some more good veggies in DB. The problem is, like numsgil pointed out, its unbalanced.