Author Topic: New IM Commentry Thread  (Read 16567 times)

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:46:17 AM »
I'll start.

I'm very excited about the different Pigs I released (work in progress)! Let me know if you see any.  If you see pigs fighting eachother, that's just different strains, and the most recent one is usually better.Fluffy and Tangley are mine too.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 12:47:23 PM »
Well I deleted all my old bots accidently when re-installing darwinbots for windows 7   . So I'm starting again and just running DB in the background with IM on and none of my own bots whilst I create Vox Pervico or tear bringer, should be a standard combat bot which send of viruses telling vegetables to go to the center of the map and in need they travel there and then a few farmers should be there to defend hopefully. I've noticed that all of sammehs stuffgoes through boom & bust cycles arriving reaching numbers of about 1000 and then they all seem to die within 1000 cycles.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 02:27:30 PM »
Well my bots are built to last! In fact, my entire population was wiped to zero by SAMMEH'S DAMN VIRUS but a few minutes later I come back and it's full of Pigs again! One must have come through from someone else's sim.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Ammeh

• Queen of the Internets
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 03:26:53 PM »
*takes a bow*

I thank you  pretty much, webfungus is dominating my sim, but it's all in small clusters and only sends out spores when it's threatened, so it isn't spreading fast... had a few pigs, but they can't get near food because webfungus is hoarding it all...pretty much the same for most other bots.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 05:20:46 PM »
There is a national fruitfly infestation on IM, and a swat-bot (copyright) is needed big time!

-Charles Darwin

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 06:24:12 PM »
No need to panic everyone, everything is under control, I've improved pig so now it beats the flies!

-Charles Darwin

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 12:01:17 AM »
I've added flyfruit, which apparently has started infecting pigs with some sort of ff virus. Lemme know if you see any flying pigs in your sim!
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 05:02:50 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Even the maker of flyfruit didn't want to release it again! This is why you shouldn't add bots which aren't yours....

-Charles Darwin

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 09:28:02 AM »
If I ever get IM working, I should release a virus wich makes every infected bot resistant to viruses and stop it from releasing any more other then the antivirus gene.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »
Why not get it working then? It's very simple to set up.

-Charles Darwin

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 01:10:31 PM »
ya dude, 4 surez
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
When I download it, my antivirus goes nuts. I'll try turning it off, but I'm really busy right now.

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 02:28:45 PM »
heheh, maybe I shouldn't have released all those fruitflies, now no-one can run a sim... heheh... billy could you upload your latest swatbot for us?
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 05:33:02 PM »
Or you could just change all the costs to something insanely high to nuke all the sims.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New IM Commentry Thread
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 06:33:58 AM »
I'm not sure you managed to spread those... I think if your sim was open and normal bots came in it shouldn't be too long before the sim froze, when a bot got infected.
Anyway haven't seen any flyfruit, but I'm glad. I have a sim running with spinners mutating freely and A_minimalis which had turned cancerous.

Got this new alge in though:
(Called Effero Zero)

[div class=\'codetop\']CODE[div class=\'codemain\' style=\'height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto\'] 0 0 0
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Begins at position  4  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 *.timer abs 4000 mod 4 mult 8000 add 6000 8000 *.daytime -- - mult add angle 628 add .setaim store
 *.eye9 0 !=
 4 .focuseye store
 *.eye1 0 !=
 -4 .focuseye store
 *.eye8 0 !=
 3 .focuseye store
 *.eye2 0 !=
 -3 .focuseye store
 *.eye7 0 !=
 2 .focuseye store
 *.eye3 0 !=
 -2 .focuseye store
 *.eye6 0 !=
 -1 .focuseye store
 *.eye4 0 !=
 -1 .focuseye store
 *.eye5 0 !=
 0 .focuseye store
 *.refeye *.myeye =
 *.eye5 0 =
 or
 *.tin1 0 =
 and
 *.tin5 0 =
 and
 *.numties 2 <
 and
 *.timer abs 4000 mod 4 mult 8000 add 6000 8000 *.daytime -- - mult add dist *.totalmyspecies 300 add >
 and
 *.timer abs 4000 mod 4 mult 8000 add 6000 8000 *.daytime -- - mult add dist 2000 div 3 add .dn store
 true
 *.timer abs 4000 mod 4 mult 8000 add angle 6000 8000 *.daytime -- - mult add dist 1000 div 2 pow - 21 add 0 floor .dx store
 *.tin5 -4 2 *.daytime mult store
 *.eye1 0 !=
 *.eye2 0 !=
 and
 *.eye3 0 !=
 and
 *.eye4 0 !=
 and
 *.eye5 0 !=
 and
 *.eye6 0 !=
 and
 *.eye7 0 !=
 and
 *.eye8 0 !=
 and
 *.eye9 drop 0 !=
 and
 *.timer abs 4000 mod 4 mult 8000 add 6000 8000 *.daytime -- - mult add dist *.totalmyspecies 500 add <
 overbool
 1 .tout5 store
 *.eye5 0 !=
 *.timer abs 4000 mod 4 mult 8000 add 6000 8000 *.daytime -- - mult add dist *.totalmyspecies 2600 add <
 and
 .tie inc
 200 .fixlen store
 *.timer abs 4000 mod mult %=
 8000 add 6000 8000 *.daytime -- - mult add dist *.totalmyspecies 6000 add >
 *.numties 0 >
 and
 .deltie inc
 *.tin1 0 !=
 *.tin1 *.tin2 angle .setaim store
 *.robage 0 =
 7 .ploc store
 *.shflav -1 =
 *.poison 100 <
 and
 20 .mkpoison store
 1 .tout3 store
 0 .shflav store
 *.tin3 1 =
 *.poison 100 <
 and
 20 .mkpoison store
 *.shflav -6 =
 *.shell 100 <
 and
 20 .mkshell store
 1 .tout4 store
 0 .shflav store
 *.tin4 1 =
 *.shell 100 <
 and
 20 .mkshell store
 *.eye5 0 =
 *.nrg 4587 >
 and
 50 .repro store
 *.timer 400 mod 360 >
 *.timer 400 355 sub mod - .dx store
 mod 900 *.timer 890 >
 *.maxvel - .dn store
 *.maxvel 2 div .dx store
 .deltie store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  396  '''''''''''''''''''''''

Seems to stick to the corners of the sim, sort of like Shrinking Violet that always crossed edges to shake off predators.
It also looks like it's gonna whipe out the spinners... but kinda suspected it wouldnøt take much to disturb mutated spinners  It's too coustomized for F1.