Bots and Simulations > Evolution and Internet Sharing Sims

INTERNET MODE FIX (working solution, fairly smooth)

(1/8) > >>

Ammeh:
As of 2.45.00 ignore all the stuff below. Hey, that rhymed.
Just download the newest version, and you are good to go. Check out this post for more information.
-Shasta
You must be running Darwin2.44.05.exe and it must be called that for the hack to work properly

DarwinbotsIM.exe

Okay dokey, since DB's current Internet mode is a little buggy, me and Shasta wrote up a fix with the help of the nice people on irc (which you should totally check out btw).

Basically, what you need to do is set up your sim, then go to Objects -> Teleporters -> new teleporter.

Create an inbound and an outbound pointing to C:\dbtransfers\inbound and C:\dbtransfers\outbound respectively (These folders must exist. You can change them to something different if you want, so long as the hack points to the correct folders).

Okay, you should now have two teleporters floating around your sim. Now run the DarwinbotsIM.exe, make sure that the inbound/outbound paths match, set a nickname, and choose the right PID in the selector (it should be filled automatically) and click "Start".

That's it, you should now have relatively glitchless internet mode.

Due to the compression now being used, the Darwinbots normal IM mode no longer works.

happyhamsterchan:
It... it works!!! WOW!!! I ACTUALLY HAVE INTERNET MODE WORKING!!!! OMGFTW!

Thanks sammeh! Now the question is... Does it have a keylogger?

Billy:

--- Quote from: happyhamsterchan ---It... it works!!! WOW!!! I ACTUALLY HAVE INTERNET MODE WORKING!!!! OMGFTW!

Thanks sammeh! Now the question is... Does it have a keylogger?
--- End quote ---
Have you even made any battlebots?

ashton15:
Yup I tried it too, it works everyone, it lets you have more control over the teleporters to, and runs way smother

Houshalter:
I can't get it to work, my antivirus software keeps trying to eat it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version