Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 8608 times)

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: May 07, 2010, 05:15:39 AM »
Hello everyone,

I found DarwinBots a while ago, and ever since I've been trying to register on the forum. I failed three times, using two different email addresses, with at least a month gap between the second and third. I was doing everything it told me to, but I never received the confirmation email. This was very irritating. But, this morning, I had a brainwave! Every time I registered I had unchecked the "Receive email from administrators" checkbox. Maybe, just maybe, disabling that option prevented me from getting the confirmation email! So I got on here, tried it, and... IT WORKED! So here I am, typing on the DarwinBots forum, excitement flooding my body. So many more opportunities will be open to me now! Fluffy and Tangley can now be entered into the F2 league! I can enter the zerobot evolution competition! Maybe even design and enter an F1 bot? The second version of Fluffy (haven't decided on the name yet) will be coming soon, another F2 challenger. In the future, I might even be able to help with the progress of DB3, as I have plenty of time, and I'm in the process of learning C#.

My hobbies include wildlife photography, DarwinBots (obviously), my pets (tortoise called Bea, tortoise called Kreacher, dog called Fuzzbox, nineteen year old cat called Batman, rabbit called Grandma Rosie, bearded dragon called Santa), and various computer games. Thank you for listening.

Billy.  I will put one of my photos at my display pic.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 05:28:32 AM »
Welcome. Enjoy, like we al do.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 05:44:24 AM »
Quote from: ikke
Welcome. Enjoy, like we al do.
Thanks, I will.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 05:52:48 AM »
There we go, avatar set.

-Charles Darwin

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 07:06:09 AM »
Epic spider.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 10:20:15 AM »
Quote from: Houshalter
Epic spider.
Thanks. It's a wolf spider. I took the picture myself.

-Charles Darwin

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 01:07:58 PM »
Quote from: Billy
! Every time I registered I had unchecked the "Receive email from administrators" checkbox. Maybe, just maybe, disabling that option prevented me from getting the confirmation email! So I got on here, tried it, and... IT WORKED!

Hmm, that's definitely an unfortunate bug in the forum software.

Anyway, welcome.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:08:07 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 01:22:57 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Quote from: Billy
! Every time I registered I had unchecked the "Receive email from administrators" checkbox. Maybe, just maybe, disabling that option prevented me from getting the confirmation email! So I got on here, tried it, and... IT WORKED!

Hmm, that's definitely an unfortunate bug in the forum software.

Anyway, welcome.
Yes, it means that all the people who feel strongly about their email security are cut out from the forum. Is there any way of fixing that from your end, or does it have to be Invision?

-Charles Darwin

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 04:52:51 PM »
It's a problem in Invision's software.  I'm thinking of switching to phpBB or one of the other forum software providers that are open source, since it'll make it easier to tie some of the login information from wiki, forum, etc. together.  If/when I do that it should become a moot issue, hopefully.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 07:34:38 PM »
I forgot my budgie in the pets list! How did I forget little Pig?

-Charles Darwin

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 07:45:05 PM »
the awesome fun turtle can beat your spider any day of the week!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:45:33 PM by happyhamsterchan »
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 08:46:40 PM »
Well the spider hunts... BY NIGHT!

-Charles Darwin

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
Quote from: happyhamsterchan
Pedo bear can beat your spider any day of the week. Doesn't make him any less creepy.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 09:19:19 PM »
Quote from: Houshalter
Quote from: happyhamsterchan
Pedo bear can beat your spider any day of the week. Doesn't make him any less creepy.

-Charles Darwin

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Hello!
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 10:09:01 PM »
OH GOD!!!!

thats... that's CHIYO-CHAN!!! FROM AZUMANGA DAIOH!!! I got it, and I think I'll go vomit uncontrollably now...

How... how DARE you put chiyo-chan with pedo bear? YOU ARE VILE AND EVIL!
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!