Author Topic: anti-mutation bot  (Read 6254 times)

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:36:03 PM »
OKIE DOKIE

I'm working on a bot that will annihilate everything in the internet sim. So, I'm trying to make it invulnerable to mutations. Here's what I have so far:

[div class=\'codetop\']CODE[div class=\'codemain\' style=\'height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto\']def gene3len 23

cond
*.robage 0 =
start
67 .memloc store
101 67 store
stop

cond
*.robage 0 =
start
67 .memloc store
101 67 store
stop

start
50 830 5 1 rnd mult sub 500 1 rnd mult sub 30 1 rnd mult sub 299 1 rnd mult sub store

stop

start
50 830 5 1 rnd mult sub 500 1 rnd mult sub 30 1 rnd mult sub 299 1 rnd mult sub store
stop

cond
pop pop != 'should compare output of first 2 genes
start
kill self
stop

cond
pop pop != 'should compare output of second 2 genes
start
kill self
stop

cond
pop pop != 'should compare output of second 2 genes
start
kill self
stop

end

Ok, that's some ugly pseudocode, but you get the idea. Is this going to work? I'm pissed, so I REALLY feel like killing everything in the internet sim. Of course, I'm going to replace nano's DNA with quickdraw. MWAHAHA!
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 09:50:48 PM »
I set up a sim with quickdraw as the veggie (and being unable to mutate) and gave animal minimalis a negative costx to survive. It did, and eventually almost got the costx to one. Nothing is invincible to evolution. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha...

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:43:19 PM »
wait... what? You evolved an F1 bot? I thought that had been tried already, and failed... wow. If it actually beat quickdraw, I'd like to see that!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:59:21 PM by happyhamsterchan »
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:15:29 PM »
It didn't work like I planed, but ya, that was the idea. It was a while ago, I'll probably lost the sim. I'll redo it sometime.

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 11:31:40 PM »
how didn't it work like you planned?
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 06:54:35 AM »
Well instead of being an awesome kick-ass combat bot, it just kinda avoided being eaten untill the costx went down and gave it free nrg.

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 07:40:20 PM »
oh... ya that's evolution for you
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 07:05:41 AM »
Quote from: happyhamsterchan
I think IM is only fun if you only add your bots on there. Not someone else's bot with an extra function, but YOUR BOT. Otherwise, anyone can just add on the top F1 bot and slaughter everything, even if the maker wants to do it himself.

EDIT: You can just check the disable mutations box...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:08:34 AM by Billy »
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 12:28:09 PM »
Quote from: Billy
Doesn't work if you want to spread your DNA to other species

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »
I think IM is only fun if you only add your bots on there. Not someone else's bot with an extra function, but YOUR BOT. Otherwise, anyone can just add on the top F1 bot and slaughter everything, even if the maker wants to do it himself.

ya no, I just feel like killing everything. Disabling mutations will only let the fruitflies kill everything in MY sim. I want to conquer the entire IM NETWORK!!!! MWAHAHAHA!
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »

ya no, I just feel like killing everything. Disabling mutations will only let the fruitflies kill everything in MY sim. I want to conquer the entire IM NETWORK!!!! MWAHAHAHA!
IMO, that would mean that whoever made fruitflies would do the conquering. Making the bot is the hard work.

The disable mutations box works over all of IM.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »
Theres already an alge called Flyfruit, wich channels the Fruitflies DNA as a virus and infects whatever is near (It also has some random viruses and is capable of icorporating new viruses in it's arsenal, should it get infected by someone). This way it can spread as an alge, but the infected bots won't have a population cap from being veggies.
I should also mention that Quickdraw won't perform too well as an alge... not unless the alge pop cap is fairly high.

Anyway Flyfruit 0.92 was the last version where the alge and the infected bots worked together (Meaning the alge would feed the infected bots if they had the same dna length as the original virus)
But it was mainly made because EricL issued the 9000 bots on IM challenge (Only reached 7000 before EricL disabled viruses from alge in his sims)

However the thing isn't very interesting... it just freezes the sim once a bot is infected by the Fruitfly virus (Dynamic costs can have other outcomes, but eventualy the sims gets booring fast). Also promissed not to release it again and was personaly plagued by it reapearing from old sims via the intra sim teleporter (Keep me off IM till now, so not about to run it again)
This is also the reason why it's hard to spread normal Fruitflies on IM, because your own sim will freeze fast, and even if you keep the pop down the flies that get teleported only have a small chance of making it on their own. (An everage fruitfly is size 1 and holds no more than 100 nrg... hard to invade a sim with that)

I'm actualy trying to mess around with the original fruitflies atm, just set the artifitial pop cap to 150 (Instead of 1000 from the F1 league, just change the value of maxpop in the bots code) and gave it some lower mutation rates... But so far I've had to restart the sim 4-5 times, since the only evolutionary step it seems to be interested in is the mutation breaking the population cap (Which freezes the sim).
Currently running the sim with very low mutation rates, and so far the pop cap still hasn't been broken, but I fear it's only a matter of time, it takes only one mutation and is very benefitial so sooner or later it'll happen again. But so far it seems to be coexisting with Webfungus... it's funny how dorcile fruitflies are when the pop cap is very low (Using 150 as maxpop in a size 2 sim).
The only reason Fruitflies seem to be agressive is because the F1 version has a high pop cap, so they're everywhere, feeding on everything. Without the high numbers they barely seem to be doing anything, I think theres 300 fruitflies in the sim (Pop cap is loose but get's hard once you reach twice the pop cap) and Webfungus is doing just fine (I even have a pig in there, although I doubt it'll last much longer).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:49:38 PM by Moonfisher »

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
anti-mutation bot
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 01:03:19 AM »
I was thinking that since mutations most likely occur one at a time, why not make a mutation correction gene and duplicate it, then make sure the genes can override each other so that they become mutation-resistant...
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan