Author Topic: Life, the universe, and pudding  (Read 6797 times)

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Life, the universe, and pudding
« on: May 04, 2010, 06:34:33 PM »
lalalalalala

OK, here's a personal log of what I've done so far to start work on DB3. So far:

Downloaded & installed XNA
Downloaded & installed ILMerge
Ate pudding

Once I finish with installation, I shall keep this as a log of what I've done so far with DB3 (changes, etc...)
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 06:47:20 PM »
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!

SmartSVN is asking me for some sort of svnadmin & svnserv things... What do I do?
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 01:41:52 AM »
You can specify a http address instead of whatever SVN thing.

BUT! The SVN server may or may not be up.  I stopped paying.  I need to set up the new web server for SVN but I haven't done it yet.

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:48:05 AM »
what url should I use then?

\(^^,)/
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 02:36:47 PM »
There just isn't one right now.  It's a huge oversight on my part, I just need to bite the bullet and get the thing working on the server.

I'm attaching a 7z (like a zip.  You'll need 7-zip to unzip it) of the SVN dump if you're really chomping at the bit.  You could set up your own SVN server on your local machine and use the dump to check out a copy of the code at present.  I've attached the SVN dump.  See This for how to set up a SVN server on your windows machine.  See This for saving and loading SVN dumps.  Once you have a SVN server on your local machine you can connect to it using SmartSVN and download the source.  Yes, it's a pain.

The other option is to wait for me to finish setting up the SVN.  But I don't have an estimated completion date for that.  It could be days or months.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:37:31 PM by Numsgil »

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 09:10:20 AM »
Wow, ya that's a lot... And that's the only way to get DB#? Why can't I use this URL:

https://svn2.hosted-projects.com/Numsgil/Darwinbots3/

?

It still works..

btw DB# is a frikkin awesome name, cuz you can keep your shift key down the whole time, and you know, it's C#... get it? ya...
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:35:01 PM »
I'm surprised the link works.  But yeah, just use that while it's up.  It's going down any day now, though.

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 03:53:55 PM »
OK, but what buttons do I push? What do I enter in all the text fields? I have no idea what to do.
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »
In SmartSVN, you should be able to enter a http address for a repository.  Enter in: https://svn2.hosted-projects.com/Numsgil/Darwinbots3/

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 05:38:59 PM »
just noticed the "quick checkout button" . press it, enter where you want it to save stuff, the URL, and you got it! MWAHAAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!