Author Topic: Spider Bot  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Ammeh

• Queen of the Internets
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Spider Bot
« on: April 28, 2010, 10:39:34 AM »
Was contemplating this the other day, making a bot that replicated the behaviour of a spider. IE: set up a web, hide in the corner of the web, wait for something to get caught in said web, kill and eat thing.

Now, obviously bots can't (at the moment *glances at DB3*) produce anything that changes the environment. By that I mean, a bot can't leave behind a trail of slime that other bots stick to. The only way to create a web then would be to create offspring that just tied to other bots that weren't the spiderbot.

Okay, so once that's done, you've got a sticky web. Now you need a way of detecting that something is stuck in the web. The way I was thinking of doing this is having the web cell's refpos be put into tout, so that anything reading tout would know what the cells where seeing. So spiderbot reads tout's, and webbot fills them with refpos and repeats any other touts for other web cells it happens to be connected to, so that the whole web knows when something has been seen.

Kay, so spiderbot knows where food is, food is trapped by ties with the web, then kicks in basic feeding/repro routines.

Penny for your thoughts?  
x

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Spider Bot
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »
Quote from: Sammeh
Was contemplating this the other day, making a bot that replicated the behaviour of a spider. IE: set up a web, hide in the corner of the web, wait for something to get caught in said web, kill and eat thing.

Now, obviously bots can't (at the moment *glances at DB3*) produce anything that changes the environment. By that I mean, a bot can't leave behind a trail of slime that other bots stick to. The only way to create a web then would be to create offspring that just tied to other bots that weren't the spiderbot.

Okay, so once that's done, you've got a sticky web. Now you need a way of detecting that something is stuck in the web. The way I was thinking of doing this is having the web cell's refpos be put into tout, so that anything reading tout would know what the cells where seeing. So spiderbot reads tout's, and webbot fills them with refpos and repeats any other touts for other web cells it happens to be connected to, so that the whole web knows when something has been seen.

Kay, so spiderbot knows where food is, food is trapped by ties with the web, then kicks in basic feeding/repro routines.

Penny for your thoughts?  
x

inserts virus into veggie so it also has an extra source of food and it isn't sacrificing too much when it goes pear-shaped  

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Spider Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
Code: [Select]
cond
*.eye5 0 >
*971 1 =
*.in1 55 !=
start
*.in2 *50 =
*.in2 *51 = or
*.in2 *52 = or
*.in2 *53 = or
*.in2 *54 = or
*.in2 *55 = or
*.in2 *56 = or
not
*.in2 0 = or
10000 rnd 74 store
*74 .tie store
*.in2 50 *72 add store
72 inc
*72 7 =
72 dec
72 dec
72 dec
72 dec
72 dec
72 dec
72 dec
72 dec
*.in2 0 =
*73 0 =
73 inc
*74 76 store
stop

cond
*.robage 1 =
*971 1 =
start
.fixpos inc
10000 rnd .out2 store
stop

cond
*971 1 =
*73 1 =
start
**InsertGenericTieFeedingGeneHere** 'use tie number in memory location 76
***InsertWayToDistributeNrgHere***
stop

cond
*.nrg 10 >
start
314 .aimdx store
stop

Would this work for a "webot" (or "webbot" or "web bot" or "web-bot" or "WB".)

Also, instead of having the bots share nrg through the network, you could have it randomly fire memory shots or just send messages through random ties. But if you do that, you have to make sure the original bot remembers where each "node" is on its web. Alternatively, the bot could occasionly saccrifice the whole web (when hes really desperate, hungry, or suspects the webots are mutated and not doing their job.) Just use 99 .sharenrg store.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:08:04 PM by Houshalter »

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Spider Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »
Quote from: Sammeh

Penny for your thoughts?  
x

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just noticed there IS an arm coming out of your left boob!
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Spider Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »
hmm some bots are small and heavily connected by multiple ties.

You might make something that if one of these bots sees something (not his own kind) (do a  *.refeye *myeye !=   check)
then uses out or tie talking to tell his direction and position, to call in other parts of the web.
And attack it together.

Bots cannt walk over other bots so a spider part is difficult (another bot?) or the same kind but not as multibot who understand the talking also.
But since not connected is able to move more freely

Although there are spiders who live with milions in one shared superweb, able to attack ceatures much larger then they are (birds etc).
You could think of that also as tinny bots tie connected.