Author Topic: hello  (Read 11801 times)

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:42:28 PM »
Alrighty, first, my name probably demands an explanation....

yes, I like anime, kill me, BUT I am not obsessed, so worry not, I am no weeaboo of any variety. I will not append "desu" to the end of everything, and I will not call your bots KAH-WAH-EEE!!!! ever.

Anyway, I LOVE Alife! Can't wait to start making my own sims!!!! wooohoooo!!!
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Ammeh

• Queen of the Internets
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 10:53:30 AM »
WEEABOOO! hehe, j/k :3

welcome to DB  hope you have some fun

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:32:12 PM »
Quote from: Sammeh

Thanks! I'm sure I will.

BTW I noticed your icon... do you like anime as well?
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 01:00:54 PM »
Is that arm comming out of her left boob...?  

Offline Ammeh

• Queen of the Internets
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 03:27:50 PM »
Quote from: happyhamsterchan
Quote from: Sammeh

Thanks! I'm sure I will.

BTW I noticed your icon... do you like anime as well?
Naw, I aint an anime fan. Never could get into the whole "cartoon with adult subtext" thing...

I just like cute pics

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 04:15:01 PM »
I like drawing manga and stuff a little, yet I've never opend an anime or maga book/film... actually I read a tutorial book on how to draw manga... and maybhe some of the cartoons I used to watch might be called manga but hey, can't avoid the influence of Japan - grand as it is.

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
@moonfisher- you'd be surprised what can appear in manga... I'm sure somewhere in the internet, there actually is a manga drawing of a girl with arms for boobs... with anime, the only limit is your imagination

@sammeh- anime is all about cuteness... and not all of them have an adult subtext! That's just the most memorable ones (see above). Here's some really cute anime you'd probably like:

Azumanga daioh: a show about an adorable 12-year-old HS student, and her adventures with her HS friends. OMG FRIKKIN CUTE!

Lucky star: The "Seinfeld" of anime. A show about absolutely nothing... For example, the entire first episode, they were talking about which side of a chocolate cookie is the "head"... they never really figured it out.

@ashton- see above for the BEST ANIME SHOWS EVER to get you started.
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 11:14:59 PM »
I'm going to go hang myself now...

Naw, I'm just joking (or was I.) But seriously, what ever happened to:
yes, I like anime, kill me, BUT I am not obsessed, so worry not, I am no weeaboo of any variety. I will not append "desu" to the end of everything, and I will not call your bots KAH-WAH-EEE!!!! ever.

I don't mind anime actually, but I generally avoid it because theres ALOT of weird stuff out there.

Clicky
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:15:33 PM by Houshalter »

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »
oh mr. peanut, that link is EPICC!!!!

EDIT: haha just google "japan demotivational", there's more where that came from
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:11:58 PM by happyhamsterchan »
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 02:22:58 PM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 02:23:56 PM by Houshalter »

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 09:25:42 PM »
eheh... SLIGHTLY creepy?

I gotta be honest, I'm thinking I'd like to go to japan, simply because of the vast cityscape (I love big cities)... If the largest city was in antarctica, I'd want to go there instead. The problem is, I hear they HATE foreigners, especially 17yo americans, who have been known to  run around screaming "KA-WAH-EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of their lungs. I'm not one of those (pardon my name).

Anyway, have any of you guys been to japan? Is it as creepy as it sounds? Does it really have a vast cityscape? Are they really as evil toward foreigners as they sound?

Should I go? I swear it has nothing to do with my like-age of anime, really. I just LOVE the city is all, and high-tech stuff. And seafood. And the ocean. I was thinking my second-place destination might be new york or los angeles, but neither of those have giant TVs displaying huge advertisements on top of 30-story-high glass-and-metal monoliths. They just have... smog. And trees. I hate trees.
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 10:23:11 PM »
Quote from: happyhamsterchan
eheh... SLIGHTLY creepy?

I gotta be honest, I'm thinking I'd like to go to japan, simply because of the vast cityscape (I love big cities)... If the largest city was in antarctica, I'd want to go there instead. The problem is, I hear they HATE foreigners, especially 17yo americans, who have been known to  run around screaming "KA-WAH-EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of their lungs. I'm not one of those (pardon my name).

Anyway, have any of you guys been to japan? Is it as creepy as it sounds? Does it really have a vast cityscape? Are they really as evil toward foreigners as they sound?

Should I go? I swear it has nothing to do with my like-age of anime, really. I just LOVE the city is all, and high-tech stuff. And seafood. And the ocean. I was thinking my second-place destination might be new york or los angeles, but neither of those have giant TVs displaying huge advertisements on top of 30-story-high glass-and-metal monoliths. They just have... smog. And trees. I hate trees.

Wait, you like advertisments? I hate cities honestly. I live in the middle-of-nowhere now, but I've been to cities before and their so... big? Claustrophobicish? Crowded? I dunno, I just don't like them. And the suburbs drive me crazy. You can drive for miles and see nothing but houses! And they keep ripping up good farmland to build new ones!

By the way, I'm pretty sure every country you go to will hate 17 yo americans running around screaming. I don't know why though...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 12:49:19 AM »
Quote from: Houshalter
By the way, I'm pretty sure every country you go to will hate 17 yo americans running around screaming. I don't know why though...

They're not terribly popular in America either

This comes to mind.  Japan just has to put these everywhere young tourists go and problem solved!

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 01:00:51 AM »
OK, maybe I explained myself wrong...

I'm NOT going to run around screaming, BUT lots of kids do this only in japan, which is why no-one there likes americans. So I'm thinking they'll instantly associate me (17yo Caucasian) with those kids... Understandably, since the last 50 americans were running around screaming.

So that's the problem I mean...

This better explains it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88fvKD6qJCY...feature=related

Note the "Japanese Only" signs.
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
hello
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 01:27:14 AM »
I have a (caucasian) friend at work that lived in Japan for a while when he was growing up.  He says that Japanese culture is incredibly xenophobic, even racist.  For whatever that's worth.

Also, he says when you visit you should definitely make explosion-mushroom-cloud noises with your mouth and accompany it with hand gestures whenever anyone is rude to you.  Or maybe that was "definitely do not"...  One of those two