Author Topic: shootval and distance for -1 shots  (Read 8612 times)

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
shootval and distance for -1 shots
« on: April 02, 2010, 06:06:19 AM »
I'm trying to figure out a formula for shootval so that the bullets are shot with the right distance.

But on the wiki sysvars i dont read how it behaves.
Here on the forums i read some words about   log2(distance)  ??
However log2 is not an operator in DarwinBots , what might come close to it is bit operation >>  ???
So far i failed to write a good formula and searched the forums and wiki, and the beastairy.

Has someone already solved it. ??
How to perfectly shoot at something with the right distance.

Also i think .mass impacts a shot distance ??,  but  'm not sure but bot size and shotlength dont seam to compare

I can figure out how to get the distance and angle with :
*.refxpos *.refypos dist .edist store
*.refxpos *.refypos angle .setaim store
-1 .shoot store

But now how to shoot exactly to it ? (or with a margin : *.edist 10 add .edist store)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:07:50 AM by peterb »

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 09:03:43 AM »
Ok, i worked on this for a little bit, scraped edist as it's a waste of energy and used unconditional logic also for effciency, basically if something is just past the range of the bot or equal to it doubles the value of .shootval starting at -2 (it is possible to store 0) it shots at things which are up to five times the distance of a base shot length though I don't know what that is... anyways hope this helps  

def XXX 100

'XXX = how far a shot goes at shootval 0, you will have to work this out yourself

start
*.eyef 0 !=

-2 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX       sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult
-2  *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 2 mult    sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
-4  *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 3 mult    sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
-8  *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 4 mult    sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
-16  *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 5 mult    sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
.shootval store

'btw -32 is the lowest which can be stored in shootval

.shoot dec

stop
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:00:58 AM by ashton15 »

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 11:16:42 AM »
Quote from: ashton15
Ok, i worked on this for a little bit, scraped edist as it's a waste of energy and used unconditional logic also for effciency, basically if something is just past the range of the bot or equal to it doubles the value of .shootval starting at -2 (it is possible to store 0) it shots at things which are up to five times the distance of a base shot length though I don't know what that is... anyways hope this helps  

def XXX 100

'XXX = how far a shot goes at shootval 0, you will have to work this out yourself

start
*.eyef 0 !=

-2 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX       sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult
-2  *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 2 mult    sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
-4  *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 3 mult    sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
-8  *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 4 mult    sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
-16  *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 5 mult    sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
.shootval store

.shoot dec

stop

doesnt seam to do the trick,
I created a simple test bot, used some test valeus for xxx
And tried to feed it some vegie in front to see when it starts shooting at the vegie
You used a lot of complex code in the math can you clarify it simply is it a if x > then rule ?

hmm myabe directly edit a veggie to investigate how shootval works

'test

def etarget 60
def edist 61
def XXX 100

cond
*.eye5 0 >
start

*.refxpos *.refypos dist .edist store

'positive longer
 'negative smaller

1 .xxx store

-2 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult
-2 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 2 mult sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
-4 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 3 mult sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
-8 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 4 mult sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
-16 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 5 mult sub abs sub sgn ++ sgn mult add
.shootval store

.shoot dec

stop

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:00:22 PM »
Just realized I was a bit silly... rather than doing

sub sgn ++

(which returns 1 if the two past values are >= to each other and 0 if they aren't)  I wrote

sub abs sub sgn ++

However that still doesn't cure the problem (it does however remove another one from apearing), I tried this code which didn't seem to store any values (?) but still shoot a far range. That's annoying as I can't check to see wether this is working or not.

*.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX >= -2 .shootval store
 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 2 mult >= -4 .shootval store
 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 3 mult >= -8 .shootval store
 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 4 mult >= -16 .shootval store
 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 5 mult >= -32 .shootval store

also I checked the locations by putting

-2  *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX sub sgn ++ sgn mult .101 store

and

*.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX >= -2 .shootval store .101 store

no values were stored again... I'm really confudled by this one... I checked over the code multiple times and don't understand why it won't work... are you sure *.refxpos *.refypos dist works?

P.S. I think I've worked on this to long...  

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »
Quote from: ashton15
Just realized I was a bit silly... rather than doing

sub sgn ++

(which returns 1 if the two past values are >= to each other and 0 if they aren't)  I wrote

sub abs sub sgn ++

However that still doesn't cure the problem (it does however remove another one from apearing), I tried this code which didn't seem to store any values (?) but still shoot a far range. That's annoying as I can't check to see wether this is working or not.

*.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX >= -2 .shootval store
 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 2 mult >= -4 .shootval store
 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 3 mult >= -8 .shootval store
 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 4 mult >= -16 .shootval store
 *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX 5 mult >= -32 .shootval store

also I checked the locations by putting

-2  *.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX sub sgn ++ sgn mult .101 store

and

*.refxpos *.refypos dist *.XXX >= -2 .shootval store .101 store

no values were stored again... I'm really confudled by this one... I checked over the code multiple times and don't understand why it won't work... are you sure *.refxpos *.refypos dist works?

P.S. I think I've worked on this to long...  

Hmmm i think your close to something... i have also not figured it out yet.

the problem of distance and strange valeus for it..
And check against it and then to set valeu to (32 /16 /8 /4 /2 ....-2 -8 -16)...

Maybe something based on this :  ?

-6000 + distanse add 0 floor sgn 32 mult store .shootval store

i'm not sure because it got to work against multiple distances and multiple valeus
Maybe each line that passes ok sould add or substract to something until you reach 24 /16/.../.../... etc.
A nice thing of it is that short shots (when you bump into someone) become more powerfull.
The long shots cost more, but on the otherside sometimes you can hun a faster bot that way.

Also the both grows its shooting range changes.. hmm maybe 6000 + or mult a factor ? the factor is not that clear to me.. its inside shots.bas in the code, but its strange looking.
I wonder why shootval works that complex, why has it been made to such a complexity level

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:57:23 PM »
I was thinking...
Since the dist command does require a lot of complex calculations, is it the right thing to do ?
Or maybe use eye5 as its results isn't neither straightforward too  (the closer the faster the number increases)
Well I'm not sure but i got these values from a starting cell   
Still i got the problem of growing size of cells.. well eye5 grows with it maybe it solves it.

I collected from a test bot, using a lot of my time the following results
They are as abest as i could get it but I'm sure its not 100% correct. (90% at best)

Code: [Select]
dist eye5 shootval
1600    1 -32
1375    2 -14
1034    3 -9
989    4 -7
904    5 -6
830    6 -5
Then I found Eureqa some kind of free math formula finding program
It really is amazing it can find formulas behind data sets...   (so we require less scientists ??)
It does not have als darwinbots calculation options, no binary operators but a lot of others, so i had to limit it down.
Aldo couldn't use cos and sin functions.

It turned out that eye5 had a more easy relation to this then the distance value, resulting formula's looked better.
Now based on the eye5 valeu it found the folowing relation between shootval :
A lot depend on how accurate my values are .. and thats a bit of problem i just tried to do my best here.
Well the program found these relations between eye5 :

]f(v) = 21.6136/(0.298103 - eye5) - 1.21081
or

f(v) = 25.0438/(0.217382 - eye5)

But now i wonder, can i type these numbers into darwinbots?
Or does it only work wit rounded integer valeus ?????
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:12:47 PM by Shasta »

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 04:31:01 AM »
Quote from: peterb

But now i wonder, can i type these numbers into darwinbots?
Or does it only work wit rounded integer valeus ?????

only when you push to the stack you need an int <32000
0.12*a = 12*a/100
BTW: you can look up the exact formulas in the source code

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:36:44 AM »
I tested

def f 100

cond
start
2504380 21782 *.eye5 100000 mult sub div 100000 div .f store
stop

It shows up as overflow, invalid bot so obviously numbers have to be under 32000 so I tried

def f 100

cond
start
25.04380 0.21782 *.eye5 sub div .f store
stop

0 is stored, so I went halfway so the numbers were under 32000

def f 100

cond
start
25043.8 217.82 *.eye5 1000 mult sub div .f store
stop

This is where I had the most sucsess, 115/109 is stored by default when nothing is in view (i'm unsure of at which point it changes) when another veg first comes into view -32 is stored first for 115 and -30 is stored for 109, I cannot remember the sequence for 115 though it was definiteely diffrent from the 109 one which goes -13, -9, -6, -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0 as the bot gets closer to the veg. It's getting there but slightly eratically anyways I tried plugging it into both of our codes combined to make

'test

def edist 61
def XXX 100

cond
*.eye5 0 >
start

25043.8 217.82 *.eye5 1000 mult sub div .edist store

'positive longer
'negative smaller

4 .XXX store

*.edist - *.XXX >= -2 .shootval store
*.edist - *.XXX 2 mult >= -4 .shootval store
*.edist - *.XXX 3 mult >= -8 .shootval store
*.edist - *.XXX 4 mult >= -16 .shootval store
*.edist - *.XXX 5 mult >= -32 .shootval store

stop

cond
start
.shoot dec
stop

Good news

As the bot gets closer to the veg the value of shootval decreases and it can shoot at multiple distances based on this and make the correct correlation between distance and shootval.

Bad news

-16 doesn't ever show up in shootval, also -4 and -8 fall just short of the veg, I think it just means XXX just needs some jiggery pokery. Another thing is .shoot dec and *.refxpos *.refypos angle .setaim store have started behaving strangely, .shoot dec randomly fires short bursts when it sees a veg unless it's put in a gene of it's own and *.refxpos *.refypos angle .setaim store aims towards the point 0,0 in the top left hand corner whether it's looking at another bot/veg or not which tells me it isn't collecting data properly. Finally when something is a long way away it uses 5 store commands and always uses 5 conditionals which are a waste of energy... could be shrunk down using conditionless logic however. We are very almost there...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:47:58 AM by ashton15 »

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:09:11 AM »
i test usualy in phases, trying to exploit new ideas and then later combine them
i had to do the aiming to zero degrees, just for testing the ranges to get the valeus for eye5 and shootval
Aiming can be restored this way :

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 07:47:15 AM »
i test usualy in phases, trying to exploit new ideas and then later combine them
i had to do the aiming to zero degrees, just for testing the ranges to get the valeus for eye5 and shootval
Aiming can be restored this way :

I tried that, it works for bots but not veggies

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 07:52:51 AM »
got to keep integers under <32000
so

25.0438 / (0.217382 -e5)

3200 /25.0438 = ~1277

so it equals >  (25.0438 *1277) / ((0.217382 *1277)-e5 *1277)

= 31980 / ( 278 -( e5 * 1277)  

----------------------------------------------
In DB language that is   (using clacula as a temp)

278 - *.eye5 .calcula store
31980 *.calcula div .shootval store

i will attach a bot with this forumula contained   (but remove the last gene of that bot dont let it repro, thats still crap inside this bot).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:31:27 AM by peterb »

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 01:56:11 PM »
got to keep integers under <32000
so

25.0438 / (0.217382 -e5)

3200 /25.0438 = ~1277

so it equals >  (25.0438 *1277) / ((0.217382 *1277)-e5 *1277)

= 31980 / ( 278 -( e5 * 1277)  

----------------------------------------------
In DB language that is   (using clacula as a temp)

278 - *.eye5 .calcula store
31980 *.calcula div .shootval store

i will attach a bot with this forumula contained   (but remove the last gene of that bot dont let it repro, thats still crap inside this bot).

...hmmm for some reason its not ok, did i make an error here above ?, i do believe the math retrieved from eureqa was ok 25.0438 / (0.217382 -e5)

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 02:21:18 PM »
Ah... I've not checked here recently though I did go ahead with the programming in the direction I was taking and have had a good result, the following code is super-efficient using only 0.04 nrg with F1 default settings when the position of the bot if in sight changes as only a single store is activated at any one time and conditionless logic is used. It computes for every eye rather than just eye5 and also takes into account the width of every eye as as they become narowrer the sight becames longer-ranged, storing a positive value into .power will allow you to make a powerful shot for when close to the enemy though I recomend for effeciency you find every instance of *.power and replace wi with a number, unfortunetly it's fairly large so if DNA upkeep is charged (which is hardly ever the case though you never know) it will all of a sudden become fairly ineffcient, anyways tell me what you think.  Not bad for 34 hours development time...

25044 217 *.eye1 600 mult sub div *.eye1width -17 div ++ mult 5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye1width sgn - mult        *.focuseye -4 sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye1 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye1 600 mult sub div *.eye1width 80  div ++ div  5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye1width sgn   mult        *.focuseye -4 sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye1 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye1 600 mult sub div                             5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye1width sgn abs -- - mult *.focuseye -4 sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye1 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye2 600 mult sub div *.eye2width -17 div ++ mult 5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye2width sgn - mult        *.focuseye -3 sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye2 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye2 600 mult sub div *.eye2width 80  div ++ div  5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye2width sgn   mult        *.focuseye -3 sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye2 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye2 600 mult sub div                             5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye2width sgn abs -- - mult *.focuseye -3 sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye2 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye3 600 mult sub div *.eye3width -17 div ++ mult 5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye3width sgn - mult        *.focuseye -2 sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye3 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye3 600 mult sub div *.eye3width 80 div  ++ div  5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye3width sgn   mult        *.focuseye -2 sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye3 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye3 600 mult sub div                             5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye3width sgn abs -- - mult *.focuseye -2 sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye3 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye4 600 mult sub div *.eye4width -17 div ++ mult 5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye4width sgn - mult        *.focuseye ++     sgn abs -- - mult *.eye4 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye4 600 mult sub div *.eye4width 80 div  ++ div  5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye4width sgn   mult        *.focuseye ++     sgn abs -- - mult *.eye4 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye4 600 mult sub div                             5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye4width sgn abs -- - mult *.focuseye ++     sgn abs -- - mult *.eye4 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye5 600 mult sub div *.eye5width -17 div ++ mult 5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye5width sgn - mult        *.focuseye        sgn abs -- - mult *.eye5 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye5 600 mult sub div *.eye5width 80 div  ++ div  5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye5width sgn   mult        *.focuseye        sgn abs -- - mult *.eye5 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye5 600 mult sub div                             5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye5width sgn abs -- - mult *.focuseye        sgn abs -- - mult *.eye5 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye6 600 mult sub div *.eye6width -17 div ++ mult 5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye6width sgn - mult        *.focuseye --     sgn abs -- - mult *.eye6 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye6 600 mult sub div *.eye6width 80 div  ++ div  5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye6width sgn   mult        *.focuseye --     sgn abs -- - mult *.eye6 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye6 600 mult sub div                             5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye6width sgn abs -- - mult *.focuseye --     sgn abs -- - mult *.eye6 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye7 600 mult sub div *.eye7width -17 div ++ mult 5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye7width sgn - mult        *.focuseye 2  sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye7 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye7 600 mult sub div *.eye7width 80 div  ++ div  5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye7width sgn   mult        *.focuseye 2  sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye7 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye7 600 mult sub div                             5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye7width sgn abs -- - mult *.focuseye 2  sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye7 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye8 600 mult sub div *.eye8width -17 div ++ mult 5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye8width sgn - mult        *.focuseye 3  sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye8 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye8 600 mult sub div *.eye8width 80 div  ++ div  5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye8width sgn   mult        *.focuseye 3  sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye8 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye8 600 mult sub div                             5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye8width sgn abs -- - mult *.focuseye 3  sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye8 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye9 600 mult sub div *.eye9width -17 div ++ mult 5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye9width sgn - mult        *.focuseye 4  sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye9 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye9 600 mult sub div *.eye9width 80 div  ++ div  5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye9width sgn   mult        *.focuseye 4  sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye9 sgn mult store
25044 217 *.eye9 600 mult sub div                             5 mult 3 div dup sgn abs *.power mult add dup *.shootval sub sgn abs .shootval mult *.eye9width sgn abs -- - mult *.focuseye 4  sub sgn abs -- - mult *.eye9 sgn mult store
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:43:01 PM by ashton15 »

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 03:06:04 PM »
 Wow. Does it work? (cant test it because I'm not on the right computer.) You might have invented the most accurate shooting gene ever.

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 03:26:33 PM »
Quote from: Houshalter
Wow. Does it work? (cant test it because I'm not on the right computer.) You might have invented the most accurate shooting gene ever.

I belive it does... not 100% accurate however as eyes only read back a value from 0 to 100 thus if something is 66.698 in an eye shootval will only be assigned to something like 67, the effect is more noticable at eye values 1-10  on eyewidth -34 where there is a small possiblity of error though quite small and it should overjudge rather than underjudge so it hits... in theory anyways... also idealy I would use 25043.8 and 217.82 though because of problems with darwinbots I must use 25044 and 218 instead. By the way it only calculates how far a shot should travel... it doesn't bother with aim or anything like that before you decide I'm a genius.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 05:03:10 PM by ashton15 »