Author Topic: Poison  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Shen

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Poison
« on: April 11, 2005, 06:19:09 PM »
Im just curious as to how exactly poison works. AFAIK it is only activated when there is enough poison to absorb the energy shot yes? So if a bot gets hit for 100 energy poison will only work if theres 100 poison stored? Also are ties any different when they use -1 to drain nrg?

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Poison
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 08:25:15 PM »
It's been a while since I did anything with poison but as I recall it, you are correct.

Not sure what you are getting at about ties though. All ties are the same except for birth ties which have negative addresses that can't be directly used for anything.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Poison
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 01:58:59 AM »
I think Shen is asking if poison is used when a bot is being eaten via ties.

I believe it does. I've poisoned .tienum before and seen attacks stoped cold but I don't think I've ever tested wether it was via the returned shots or the tie itself that poisoned the other bot.

I don't think it works for Share feeding, so there is a bennefit to using it. Most of the time share feeding is a backup method, in case TF is disrupted.

Umm...PY last I checked bots can use the sharing commands with the birth tie. Most of the time this is a problem with parents share feeding, but it could probably be used positively.

Endy B)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 02:01:57 AM by Endy »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Poison
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 08:57:58 AM »
Umm...PY last I checked bots can use the sharing commands with the birth tie. Most of the time this is a problem with parents share feeding, but it could probably be used positively.

This can happen but only in certain circumstances.
Sharing is only enabled once a bot becomes a part of an MB. It was designed such that it cannot take place over temporary ties (including birth ties). Unfortunately, if a bot has one permanent tie then sharing becomes enabled for all ties so this means that sharing can be done through a birth tie.
and those who don't

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Poison
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 09:00:22 AM »
I think Shen is asking if poison is used when a bot is being eaten via ties.
OK then. If that is the question then I am not 100% sure of the answer. I don't think poison was ever enabled with tie feeding but I have made so many modifications over the last year or so that I can't be absolutely sure without searching through the code first. I will let you know later when I have had a chance to look it over.
and those who don't