Author Topic: Enemy Evaluation  (Read 5750 times)

Offline Tj3

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Enemy Evaluation
« on: March 16, 2010, 06:16:36 PM »
This is a cool way to evaluate enemies I figured out. It is a simple way to determine whether you or the enemy has more kills. It takes age into account, also.

[div class=\'codetop\']CODE[div class=\'codemain\' style=\'height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto\']cond
*.robage *.kills div *.refage *.refkills div <
start
'attack code
else
*.maxvel .dn store
stop

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Enemy Evaluation
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »
I was thinking of exactly the same condition as gene for sexual selection. Haven't got time to do it actually, though

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Enemy Evaluation
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:40:25 PM »
But i did. Unfortunatley its saved on my other computer.  

It was going to be part of my clanbot project. I might have some time tommorow to finish it.

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Enemy Evaluation
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 12:11:21 PM »
Quote from: Tj3
This is a cool way to evaluate enemies I figured out. It is a simple way to determine whether you or the enemy has more kills. It takes age into account, also.

Code: [Select]
cond
*.robage *.kills div *.refage *.refkills div <
start
'attack code
else
*.maxvel .dn store
stop

I like it but what if the others are genrally uncommon yet very strong. An example in nature is when a lone hornet is scouting for bee's nests. If the bees avoid it the hornet would come back with about 30. though if they attack they may be weaker individually though as they outnumber the hornet many thousands to one they can swarm it so it overheats and dies. If in darwinbots a bot runs away the other bot can easily reproduce and attack with more. If you could modify the gene to analyze wether the collective power of multiple bots still can't defat it then it might be a good idea to flee. Also you might be fleeing from an enemy which is extremly good at eating plants, but really he's quite friendly in actuality... Hope I helped! 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:58:16 AM by Shasta »

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Enemy Evaluation
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 02:30:43 PM »
A bot can spend a lot of time killing a lot of veggies without being tough; I think you should include nrg, body, poison, venom, slime and shell into the equation, as these require constant rebuilding and take a lot of nrg o keep up, so stronger bots will produce more of these.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Enemy Evaluation
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 06:01:07 PM »
Quote from: bacillus
A bot can spend a lot of time killing a lot of veggies without being tough; I think you should include nrg, body, poison, venom, slime and shell into the equation, as these require constant rebuilding and take a lot of nrg o keep up, so stronger bots will produce more of these.

See, even the green tentacle monster dude who stars in futurama agrees with me
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:02:10 PM by ashton15 »

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Enemy Evaluation
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 08:35:48 PM »
See, even the green tentacle monster dude who stars in futurama agrees with me

So thats where his avatar is from. I haven't see that show in ages. It used to be on FOX.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Enemy Evaluation
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 11:25:35 PM »
It's Mr. Horrible Gelatinous Blob!  
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan