Author Topic: refeye  (Read 4864 times)

Offline Ammeh

• Queen of the Internets
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
refeye
« on: March 10, 2010, 05:17:02 AM »
I'm trying to make a bot capable of fooling conspec, and for this I need to know exactly what *.refeye does when:
a ) There's no bot in your field of vision
b ) The number of .eye commands changes while you're in some bot's field of view.
c ) does .refeye and .myeye count as an eye command?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:17:46 AM by Sammeh »

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
refeye
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:01:17 AM »
I had an idea for a bot with 20 genes on the end containing .eye commands and .refshoot commands, etc. Combined with in/out camoflage, a good memloc reader, and a delgene command that it can use to delete those extra commands, it would fool most conspec rec systems.

Offline Ammeh

• Queen of the Internets
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
refeye
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:08:29 PM »
That is pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
refeye
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 01:02:22 PM »
You should take a look at the conspec challenge, it features an alge that avoids being eating by stealing conspecs and such :
http://www.darwinbots.com/Forum/index.php?showtopic=2738

The alge doesn't attack or do anything but look around and steal conspecs. (If shot at it will focus in that direction)
If you use memloc and memval it will be able to steal your conspec in 2 cycles (Even excalibur which uses 5 different keys doesn't last long)
It will also parrot the in/out vars, to confuse bots who broatcast a key or use one for ties.
And it contains sets of genes with shoot and eye commands and deletes genes to gain the same amount of eye and shoots commands as the oponent (It doesn't handle refdx and such, wasn't aware of those at the time)

You can also see what worked well against it in the topic... several good solid conspecs to choose from. (In the end I know I can't find a way to fool everyone, but it's fun to see F1 bots fail to survive in a sim with no oponent because they don't see the alge)

Theres a problem though, can't remember which version it was made for, but since then the vars used to count either eye commands or shoot commands has been changed (So it doesn't work in newer versions, it just deletes itself more or less, shouldn't be too hard to fix though)

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
refeye
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 03:29:03 PM »
Leave that bot out of Im  

Actually I think most bots lose their conspec rec and then just survive by running away from each other during repro and running away from the bigger bots that try to kill them.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
refeye
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 05:38:46 PM »
God that's really weird. I've only just read this thread and I've been working on exactly the same thing! The problem is, it can't adapt to bots with lots of eye commands. It I add more on the end, it takes too long for it to adapt. For example, and bot using OCULUS II has too many eye commands.   I suppose I just have to increase its combat capabilities, but this is hard if you can only use a small amount of eye commands in your usable DNA.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
refeye
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 12:16:43 PM »
start
*.eye5
stop
start
*.eye5
*.eye5
stop
start
*.eye5
*.eye5
*.eye5
*.eye5
stop

like binary, these are all eye commands which do nothing and by deleting these you can get any number between 1 and 7

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
refeye
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 12:30:39 PM »
I think I have a way it could work! I'll have to try it.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
refeye
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 02:11:30 PM »
this reminds me...
DB2 has no option to actively change DNA, to add or change commands.
I wonder what would come from it if it had such commands, if it could build its own genes (by trial and error).

hmm I gues its a total different vieuw of how evolution might work.

Thinking of it.. a virus who just would add a single gene eye + movement; is currently the only way to add new genes.
i think even sexrepro cannot add genes.. /// or what would happen if both parrents had different number of eye commands ???  >> i never tried it