Author Topic: What's happening in IM?  (Read 10624 times)

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's happening in IM?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 08:29:25 PM »
you have a sim with a pop of 2009? Geez, I couldn't immagine going past a few hundred, let alone a thousand. On a simple simulation with just alga vs animal minimalis and large sim size so the vision isn't eating up tons of processing power, I can run a sim at a few cycles per second at 1000 pop.

you have a sim with a pop of 2009? Geez, I couldn't immagine going past a few hundred, let alone a thousand. On a simple simulation with just alga vs animal minimalis and large sim size so the vision isn't eating up tons of processing power, I can run a sim at a few cycles per second at 1000 pop.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
What's happening in IM?
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 10:33:56 PM »
If you want to mutate something more competitive and you have a good base to work on, you might want to consider using something like animal minimalis or animal multi as a veggie. That should provide lots of evolutionary pressure...
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's happening in IM?
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 11:21:10 PM »
I used quick draw as a veggie once. Its actually not that tough as a veggie.

Offline Ammeh

• Queen of the Internets
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's happening in IM?
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »
Webfungus 2.2 is out there. I think you're going to need some clever conspecs

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
What's happening in IM?
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 02:32:42 PM »
A chameleon? Easy - an equality and an inequality channel will break every chamaeleon. If you want to play it safe, have two channels and alternate between them...
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
What's happening in IM?
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 08:27:46 PM »
Thats a good idea but I think a good chameleon would/should be able to crack that kind of defense, although it might make a mistake at first trying to figure out how to. This is exactly the kind of war that goes on in nature. Creatures adapt their color to their enviroment so to avoid predators or not get seen by their prey, or both. Im not sure that theres any creatures that disguise themselves as the predators themselves, but some, like butterflies, pretend to be bigger or badder then they really are. Ever seen a cat get all big and hiss at you when its scared and cornered?

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
What's happening in IM?
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
Good luck  
- Carl Sagan