Author Topic: When was the last time...  (Read 5208 times)

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
When was the last time...
« on: March 31, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »
When was the last time anybody got a bot besides their own teleported in by internet mode?

I never have myself...
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 07:27:18 AM »
It's probable that no one else is connected.  Eric had a few computers running IM all the time, but since he's left there just probably isn't anyone running an IM enabled sim anymore.

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:14:22 AM »
Very well, I will make it my goal to try to keep IM running in at least one sim at all times

EDIT: Of course, this is a laptop, so that won't actually happen... But I will try to keep it on as much as possible.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:01:47 AM by Prsn828 »
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 03:26:37 PM »
Hey Nums, how are you doing these days? Anything new happening? Good to see at least some of the oldies sticking around here.

Quick question: Is it possible to give DB some king of "low priority" on my computer? I'd love to run DB, but I'm on computer a lot these days and can't take the computer getting sluggish because there's a population explosion going on in the background
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Shasta

• Administrator
  • Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 11:18:48 PM »
Quote from: shvarz
Quick question: Is it possible to give DB some king of "low priority" on my computer? I'd love to run DB, but I'm on computer a lot these days and can't take the computer getting sluggish because there's a population explosion going on in the background
What you could do is 1) if you have a 2+ cores is set the affinity to just one core, 2) set the priority to low/below normal. (Both are in the task manager if you right click on the darwinbots process)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:19:49 PM by Shasta »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 03:13:48 AM »
Heya shvarz.  Yep, still sticking around

In theory, if you put in in "ninja" mode it should be less priority.  I could never tell a difference myself, though YMMV.  Worth a try anyway