Author Topic: Most effective use of poison?  (Read 8273 times)

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Most effective use of poison?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »
When I write bots with a memory value that needs to be changed, I do something like this.

cond
*.memorylocation *.valueYouWantItToBe !=
start
*.valueYouWantItToBe .memorylocation store
stop

That way it can't be changed permanently

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 09:36:50 PM »
Again with the double posting, I know. But I had another really good idea. Set ploc to .robage. Anything they usually do when their born they do again and it will drive them insane. They might break the birth tie or gather values from racial memory. On second thought, this might only work on a few types of bots that use -1 shots and do really specific things at birth that could kill them if they did it later in life.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 04:32:28 AM »
I already mentioned memloc a few posts back
Along with other values you set once like ploc and vloc...
But also mentioned you can't be sure they're put to use.
I think spinner actualy changes the oponent memloc sometimes... but once a bot is being messed with then it's usualy in a fight with you, so changing it's memloc is only usefull if you plan on loosing that confrontation
It can be usefull, but pushing 99 into mrepro and such will often have a bigger impact (I know you can't do that with poison, but spinner didn't use poison for this)

If I had to come up with a sequence for poison then my first 3 would be :
shoot
refxpos
refvelup

I'd probably start the cycle over after that, since you never know if more enemies are inbound. But the point is after those 3 sysvars are down your oponent can't shoot or track you, so you can run away or persue him instead.
Normaly I'd probably stick to shoot though, or maybe deltie (And possibly mkslime) if the bot also uses tie attacks, so if someone shoots at you they leave themselves wide open for ties. I actualy considered decoys with deltie and mkslime poison against Saber because it's so damn good at keeping ties off it and producing the slime it needs to stay free.

Offline ashton15

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 02:53:01 PM »
I'd choose .shoot and .delgene, then shoot them with a virus that doesn't cost much energy and stores 1 in fixpos

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 06:15:06 PM »
Unfortunatly you can't aim viruses, they just shoot out randomly and can hit anyone, including your self if you accelerate in the wrong direction after shooting it. Firing memory shots in .fixpos is always a good stategy though. You can use .reffixed to see if you've got them or not.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 12:39:11 AM »
My favourite venom is putting -32000 into .shootval - that way, if they try to feed, they use all their energy and die with a sad little pop. Be careful not to use 32000 - the positive will make the shot incredibly lethal, while the negative one will only make the shot VERY long-ranged.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:40:31 AM by bacillus »
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan