« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 09:52:37 PM »
Not me   , sorry.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:24:08 PM »
Another no...
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 12:38:35 PM »
Only some, and even then it's very much a love/hate relationship.  Fullmetal Alchemist being a prime example (overarching plot is fun, chibi-over-the-top animation style from time to time is not).

I guess I'm not a very good otaku :/

Offline abyaly

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Only some, and even then it's very much a love/hate relationship.  Fullmetal Alchemist being a prime example (overarching plot is fun, chibi-over-the-top animation style from time to time is not).

I guess I'm not a very good otaku :/
You might like the remake, then.
Lancre operated on the feudal system, which was to say, everyone feuded all
the time and handed on the fight to their descendants.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)

Offline MetalPaladin

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 08:45:45 PM »
I'm a big anime fan. Watching some good ones currently. Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and *gulp* Naruto.....

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »
I don't even have cable...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 09:04:58 PM »
I find Ghost in the Shell insufferably pretentious.  And not in a good way

Cowboy Bebop is essentially a classic.  Other than Faye's weird short shorts and suspenders (garters?), I find nothing to fault the series with at all.

Offline MetalPaladin

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 10:54:40 PM »
Ya Bebop is defiantly an example of the best anime can offer. Watched it out of order it as a kid (13 or something) when it was on adult swim and now I'm seeing it all over again thanks to torrents

I'm enjoying Ghost so far, but I can see what you mean about it. Has anyone seen .hack//sign? One of my favorites, and has the best music I've ever heard in a show.

And Houshalter I feel your pain buddy. I have no cable either
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:55:29 PM by MetalPaladin »

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 04:34:48 PM »
Quote from: jknilinux
So, how many of us like anime/manga?

Boo! They have a kind of silly look that annoys me and they are in too many cartoons and games. Sorry.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:41:16 PM by Testlund »
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Ta-183

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 05:16:23 PM »
I don't exactly like anime as an overall type of media, there are a few (and I mean a FEW) specific things I like, but its mostly an "I know about it because the TCG/gaming group in the library in the morning is right next to, and often the same thing as, the anime group" thing. I can't shake the feeling that I have a growing, smoldering resentment for "weeaboos". Then again, hearing the word 'cosplay' tends to make me want to break things.

I enjoyed pokemon, but only like the first three seasons when I was a kid. After that it seemed like I was outgrowing it. Now its just nuts.

I much prefer history to anime. I spend more time on the history channel network than all other channels combined. Hist, Hist International, Military channel, etc.

Offline MetalPaladin

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 05:30:26 PM »
Ta-183,I know what you mean. Unfortunately anime and even gaming attracts a lot of....ah.....weird people. That's the reason I didn't join either of those groups in my high school.

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
anime
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 09:01:43 PM »
Quote from: MetalPaladin
Ta-183,I know what you mean. Unfortunately anime and even gaming attracts a lot of....ah.....weird people. That's the reason I didn't join either of those groups in my high school.

Lol. I know some of these people. Its not that anime and that stuff is inherently bad its just... uh... whats the word... well whatever.

Anyways I have watched some of these anime movies that are ok. But I watched a really bad one with my dad once. At the end all we could say is that the people that made it should be shot. Thats how bad it was. I can't remember the plot because it was so bad and I'm not sure it even existed in the first place.