Author Topic: Outbound teleports don´t work(windows 7) -Run as Admin  (Read 5952 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Outbound teleports don´t work(windows 7) -Run as Admin
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 01:37:58 PM »
Send me a PM with an email address and a desired user name and password and I'll set you up with SVN privileges and you can update code yourself.  It's a pretty big pain for me to copy+paste code changes from the forum to my working copy and submit, so it would be cool if you could do it yourself as well.

If you aren't familiar with SVN I can give a sort of live walkthrough.  The hard part is setting up the GUI client and server details.  Once that's done it's really easy (GUI client will scan for changes and have you type in a description of the change).

Also, if you're feeling adventurous, the best way to fix these problems would be to either set up a separate application that does the actual syncing with the server (would just get spawned when you enter IM mode, and monitor the in/out folders for transfers).  You could write it in VB.NET/C# and some of the code might even be recyclable for DB3.  Or learn how to call in to .NET from VB6 code and use .NET for the internet operations, since it works more robustly.  The first one would probably be easier and work better.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 01:40:38 PM by Numsgil »