Author Topic: my first successful evosim  (Read 7707 times)

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
my first successful evosim
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »
Veggies that run away, not neccessarily (although I turn veggie evolution off). Conspec, yes, although a non-conspec bot that feeds and reproduces would quickly die out...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:03:49 PM by bacillus »
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Panda

• Global Moderator
  • Bot Destroyer
  • Computer Science Undergraduate (nerd)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »
I did mannage to have a bot which stopped doing anything a short while after it reproduces, that bot was an annoying and tricky one, although I think it might have been something that I put into my code. It did eventually die out though.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 05:17:57 PM »
Sounds like the birth tie might have set the number of ties up to one, and then a *.numties 0 = condition shut off. That's what happened with one of the earlier versions of Mythos...
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline jknilinux

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 08:37:58 PM »
On the note of getting my old PCs to work...

One of them doesn't have any graphics capability, the other one has integrated graphics. Is it possible to use the IGP of one computer to provide graphics capability for another?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 01:08:28 AM »
You have to have some sort of graphics, even if it's just terminal graphics (eg: command prompt).  If you don't have a VGA port out the back of your computer you don't have a working computer.  Unless you can figure out a way to boot over the network and remote desktop in to it or something.