Author Topic: Is there something wrong with this  (Read 6708 times)

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Is there something wrong with this
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 01:20:44 PM »
When I use the underline button it inserts (Ignote the \'s) :  \[\you\]
Then when submitting the post it changes the you to "you".
(SECOND EDIT : I give up... I'm trying to write a letter that sounds like you, and it's the first letter in the word "up". This is not a clever feature IMHO, especialy not when the BB code requires a particular letter which is translated and controll characters are ignored. Third edit : Atleast they had the sence not to translate the number 2)

For what the bot is concerned, it's hard to tell whats wrong from one gene, but if the bot is dieing it's out of energy (Or possibly has no genes left or too much waste, but I doubt that's the problem).
So if it's dieing fast it's because you're spending a whole lot of energy. If you have no costs on, it would probably be something like a virus spending too much energy on a virus shot (vshoot), or boosting a shot too much pushing a high value into shootval (Positive or negative).
If you have costs on then you should also watch what you spend on shell/poison/venom/slime/body. You can have more than 500 shell, think up to 32K but not sure... but it costs and decreases your speed. 30K shell will leave you completely immobile, but I think you can get there if actualy have enough energy to make that much shell...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 01:27:31 PM by Moonfisher »

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
I want it to fix itself in place and be completely immobile. So im not conserned about that and I think it was a random unreproducable glitch in darwinbots itself not my bot. Bots started doing things they shouldn't be able to do etc. So when im not busy I'll try it again and see if it works.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »
<you>Underline test</you>

I'll try to figure out what's up in the next few days.  Looks like you can't underline at all.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:06:50 PM by Numsgil »

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 04:09:27 PM »
Remember that Slime decays exponentially - the more you have, the faster it goes. If you try keep up a lot of slime, that'll be your problem. And a fixed bot can still move through collisions; it's a pain, but even with 'Ghost' I can't seems to get rid of this.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 09:33:59 PM »
Its a veggie so it can affort to store unlimited slime, I know bots can move when their fixed but with a lot of shell how far could they go?

asfsdf[you]Last try to underline[/you];lksafdsajkls    (hoping random letters will confuse spell check   )

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »
Sadly, neither of these are true. The collision physics appears to ignore inertia, and you can generate up to 10000 slime a cycle last time I checked.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan