Author Topic: Effective Evosim Method  (Read 3173 times)

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Effective Evosim Method
« on: December 29, 2009, 07:13:03 PM »
I recently rediscovered DB, and decided to try find a better way of getting an evosim running. After a few attempts, I got a pretty good system running, and got results much faster than any other way. Basically, the environment is made up of a chain of simulations, each connected to the next and set up to evolve a certain kind of behaviour. For example, the initial simulation would have veggies that both feed and force reproduction in the target cells. The cells are all clustered in one spot, with an out-teleporter leading to the next simulation so that only mobile bots can proceed. In this next simulation, the veggies still feed the bots, but do not get them to reproduce. Usually the mobile bots in the previous simulation reproduce more frequently (more area covered), so a steady supply of bots are available to evolve. This would then have a third out-sim to a simulation where the veggies do not feed at all or very unreliably, so to encourage feeding behaviour. This method allows some control over the evolution path of the bots, and I have gotten one or two simulations after a few hours that display some form of stable reproduction.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Effective Evosim Method
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 04:00:51 AM »
Can you post the sims? If they can move, reproduce & feed you might check out the red queen bot. The idea there was to create a bot that starts as veggie and becomes more agressive as bots become more adept

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Effective Evosim Method
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 05:29:29 AM »
I think this is it anyway. I forgot to save the feeding stage; what you see here is the motion stage, as seen by the high proportion of mobile bots. There should still be a feeding bot or two left in the sim, like that fairly big purple one leftish from the center.

Note the fairly low cycle number of 160000ish
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan