Author Topic: Interesting  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Panda

• Global Moderator
  • Bot Destroyer
  • Computer Science Undergraduate (nerd)
    • View Profile
Interesting
« on: December 28, 2009, 04:47:28 AM »
One thing I notice is that, when bots have been evolved for about 2mc they all seem to just want to feed from their bodies. A lot of my bots do that now, I think it came from the DNA to feed from their body when their energy was high and the body was above the limit to reproduce. It is as if the bots want to be really small. These bots also loose their strbody or just dont strbody at all. Sometimes they just dont use feed body but it seems that it is better for a bot not to store its body, right?

Has anybody else noticed this?

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Interesting
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 05:18:01 AM »
Yep. I was annoyed with the fact that the bots gets so tiny all the time, so I decided to modify them to store to body and reproduce once they reach a certain size, but they tend to change that and become tiny anyway. Then they swarm the sim and slow it down to a crawl.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Panda

• Global Moderator
  • Bot Destroyer
  • Computer Science Undergraduate (nerd)
    • View Profile
Interesting
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 07:36:58 AM »
Yeh, I made a sim which I was hoping there would only be about 100 bots, they break out of that by needing less body and just clog up the sim with about 900 of them.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:37:23 AM by Panda »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Interesting
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 01:07:05 PM »
If you build the bots to be cannibals, they'll self regulate their population.  You can also click the "fixed bot radii" to keep them from shrinking too much.