Author Topic: Numsgil's zerobot sim  (Read 4977 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Numsgil's zerobot sim
« on: December 24, 2009, 12:44:32 AM »
I've started up two (not connected) zero bot sims with 1000 bots each with 1000 0s on two different computers running 2.44.04, and I'm going to let them run for about 13 days while I go home for Christmas.  If anyone would like to join me, I've attached the settings I'm using.  Just change the user seed and off you go.  When I get back I fully expect all instances to have crashed, but on the off case they haven't I should have something fun to share  

Saving settings files is apparently broken, so here's a zip of the sim.  Make sure to change the seed value...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:55:49 AM by Numsgil »

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Numsgil's zerobot sim
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 08:49:42 AM »
Alright, I'm in! One last ex nihilo!

Merry Christmas!  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Numsgil's zerobot sim
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 09:54:52 AM »
1) Make sure to run using 2.44.04 2.43.1L crashes
2) Remove the underscore in Zerobot_veggie.

I have to admit I changed the mutation rate to 32x to speed up the start. If I have a decent number of nonzeroes in the dna I'll set it back. I did not change the seed value, but the outcome should be different due to the different mutation rate

Offline jknilinux

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Numsgil's zerobot sim
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:16:39 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
I've started up two (not connected) zero bot sims with 1000 bots each with 1000 0s on two different computers running 2.44.04, and I'm going to let them run for about 13 days while I go home for Christmas.  If anyone would like to join me, I've attached the settings I'm using.  Just change the user seed and off you go.  When I get back I fully expect all instances to have crashed, but on the off case they haven't I should have something fun to share  

Saving settings files is apparently broken, so here's a zip of the sim.  Make sure to change the seed value...

Anything happen with this?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Numsgil's zerobot sim
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 12:38:43 AM »
Still running it   No reproducers yet, though a couple deaths.  I'm purposely keeping the mutation rate low so I don't have to worry about it, and as kind of a proof-of-concept to see if bots can learn to survive without multiple mutations accumulating simultaneously.

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Numsgil's zerobot sim
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 04:08:44 PM »
what about now?
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Numsgil's zerobot sim
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 04:26:35 PM »
Had a few reproducers, but haven't run the sim in a while (we need to make it easier for sims to auto restart when the computer is reset).  The animals were a flop, but the veggies seemed to have some potential.

I might try again.  This time: higher mutation rates (these were an order of magnitude too small), and 1000 veggies instead of 1000 bots with 100 veggies or whatever I had.

I don't think it's possible for animals to evolve from scratch under costs.  Any costs, really.  I think it says that the first animals on Earth with already successful autotrophs.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:27:58 PM by Numsgil »