Author Topic: Can't save any sims  (Read 3556 times)

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Can't save any sims
« on: December 21, 2009, 11:33:30 PM »
I had version 2.44.03 and I couldn't save or autosave any simulations or load other peoples either. All these crazy -p folders started poping up in strange places so I deleted them all and got verson 2.44.04 and it didn't change anything. I did a search on my computer for -p files and I found a 853 of them. However only a dozen of them were those crazy folders and most of them were already in the recycle bin. Anyways the problem isn't the -p folders, I can live with that. I just want to be able to save and load sims.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Can't save any sims
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 01:41:10 AM »
Sorry about the -p folders.  2.44.04 should fix that.  I did a quick test and was able to save in 2.44.04, so if you can't let me know if you have some simple repro steps and I'll give it a look.

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Can't save any sims
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 08:14:44 AM »
Allright, I turned on my computer a day later and tried it again and it works but I don't know what changed. As for the -p folders, I've deleted the last of them and don't see any more poping up.

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Can't save any sims
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 11:34:34 PM »
I can still save my sims for now but the auto save doesn't work anymore. It won't save the simulation or the best bot. It used to work but it just stopped working halfway through a simulation and nothing I tried makes it work again. actually the best bot autosave has never worked for me but at least I could auto save the sim.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Can't save any sims
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 11:54:20 PM »
Are you out of disk space?  The autosaves can be quite large.

Offline Houshalter

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Can't save any sims
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 10:51:38 AM »
That might make sense because I am low on disk space. I deleted a bunch of saves and freed up some space so I'll see if it works now.