Author Topic: Shapes stucked at the edges!  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Shapes stucked at the edges!
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »
Check this out. I've never seen this before. Shapes stucked at the edges in both the sims I'm running.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »
I haven't played at all with the shape code...  Do you know what caused it?

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
Maybe a temporary glitch when I wasn't looking. Strange that they all ended up outside the edge in both sims. I had checked the boxes for slow movement, but they had unchecked themselves.

Maybe if any of you are planning to start fixing bugs again you could go through the guis and make sure  all settings do what they're supposed to do and that they stay put.

Disable Vision on the Species tab and Graphic Update Interval on the General tab are not saved in sims and Pond Mode settings reset whenever you re-open the gui.
When you hover your mouse over several places the wrong info is displayed.

Just pointing it out in case you feel like taking a look at it.  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 05:22:05 PM »
If there's not a black and white repro case for a bug I probably won't fix it.  I don't really enjoy VB6 programming you see   So I try to spend as little time working on things as possible.  Do you have a save from before the problem I could try running on my end to see if it repros again?

A lot of the GUI bugs are caused by the weird way that we sync GUI options with the internal options.  It really needs someone who knows GUI programming to go in and replace everything with a database and have the widgets just attach to that, or something like that.  Though that would be a major undertaking for DB2.  For DB3 I'm going to spend some time figuring this stuff out so it won't have similar issues.