Bots and Simulations > Tips and Tricks

NO MORE OVERFLOW

(1/7) > >>

Botsareus:
Ok never put all your mutation rates less then 200 , you wont get any overflows but the robots will mutate to fast.

Now to solve the fatal error problem in 2.36.2 do this: Put your mutation rate of mutation rates to 1, thats right to 1. I have no idea how or why that stops it seems to do so, I only ran one simulation maybe it was just luck, but hey try anyway.

In other news:

The rate of change of mutation rates is changing the mutation values to slow even if it is set to 1, strange things; the maximum change I got was for "delete instruction" witch was from 200 --> 220 , I want to see stuff like from 200 ---> 1500 if I set it to 1. It also should matter based on size:  

change from 200 ---> 1500

is only

change from 26 ----> 200

on smaller scales.

I am not sure if it already works like that, I have a feeling it does but the changes are to short the way I already explained. with a change of 1 its must be 200 ---> 1500 , 26 ---> 200 ...

PurpleYouko:
Why would you want mutation rates to change that rapidly?  :blink:

It should be a gradual thing, not a giant leap into the unkown.

All the mutations in 2.36.2 now adapt at a rate proportional to the present size of a value. I used a Gaussian plot to control the change of values. The minimum range is 100 (so that a very low value such as 1 or 2 is still able to mutate) but as the values get higher the range is restricted to 10% of the present value.

In 2.36.1 all values are 100% random from -32000 up to +32000

Botsareus:
:devil: I am evil monkey thats why  :devil:

Botsareus:
what does my post say, The mutation rate of mutation rates , does not change rates fast enough should be 200-> 1500 on 1 at least. We need that so if robots deside not to mutate a sertain rate the change will be atleast notisable:

Ok what I mean is on 1 the change must be 200 -----> (2000*rnd) on avrage ---> 1100

on 26 must be ----> (266 * rnd) on avrage ---> 146

I think that causes a lot of errors when it is on mutation rate of mutation rates: 20 or 30 or bigger.

But no, no sutch thing , I am evil thats why I say this thing.

Botsareus:
Keyword mutation rate of mutation rate = 1!!!!!!!! (not 100!!!!!!) then it should be BIG CHANGE....

When it is 100 it should be small change , (not "this program has caused a fatel error please send it to microslot bc kids should not be messing with softwear like that  anyway, we call it an error report for good mesure")

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version