Author Topic: Moonfisher's interesting evo sim  (Read 5682 times)

Offline jknilinux

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Moonfisher's interesting evo sim
« on: December 14, 2009, 04:28:43 PM »
Quote from: Moonfisher
In evo sims handmade conspecs always seem to break down fast since canibots will have lots of free food at their disposal...
I've had one bot evolve a good conspec on it's own, where it would still shoot at anything it saw but move away from it's own kind and attack alge... if the other one attacked it it would still defend itself though... so nothing was black or white, the bots of the same species would also end up fighting over alge... (got no idea how they where able to tell, but I guess if they saw an alge within a short time they where far more agressive or something...)
No carnivores evolved, and got tired of running it... the bots where just too good at getting away... would reproduce to cause confusion and try to get away with the alge, and it used shell, seemed to make some when it got attacked. (Not using ties... it just evolved realy good ball controll)

bump

Moonfisher, do you still have that sim? I've noticed you've made a lot of interesting evosims, what other ones have you made?

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 02:14:13 PM »
I think that sim was a regular evo sim with a very low mutation rate. The base was a neural network like structure, where the basic survival actions where just some hand authored weights in the network.

I'll just post the best results I've managed to reach :

I managed to evolve a descent zero bot, capable of surviving in F1 conditions. It was a medium size shooter most of the way, but in the end it evolved into a very small shooter tieing to alge and slowly devouering them.
The mutation setting where probably too high, so it evolved a realy short genome. It may not look like much, but it gets some interesting behaviour out of it :
(Sim name is ZBotTied... I reinsert a bot now and then to adjust mutations and such, so I'm not sure about actual cycle count of the sim)
[div class=\'codetop\']CODE[div class=\'codemain\' style=\'height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto\'] 326 stop
 store
 store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Begins at position  5  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 sqr .tie dec
 59 << *.robage 192
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  12  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  13  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 overbool
 .shoot dec
 ceil >> rnd << << ++ store
 store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  25  '''''''''''''''''''''''

The latest I was running was some buggy bot I put together in a sim with a semi tough alge... It evolved into turning around itself as a better way of finding food, and moving backwards while shooting when encountering alies (It did have a conspec, but this was a good way to fight off canibots).
Along the way one cannibot did actualy evolve and survived, but it never whiped out the original species... so they basicaly coexisted (And I think they're still running a balanced eco system without destroying echother, but it's hard to tell because the colors got closer to eachother at one point...)
So I'm posting the latest sim and one from earlier where the difference was very clear. (Sim name is 0_0_0_Iflammaeater...)

And the one you mentioned is named NNNewBase... based on the NN thing...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »
I split this topic off so it doesn't get too confusing.

That's a cool bot you posted.  I've seen similar evo bots as well.  You just sort of randomly walk over memory storing values and you'll usually do okay.

Offline jknilinux

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 12:21:50 AM »
Mine said it needed AV_Alge or some other sort of algae... Could you include that? It wasn't in the sim.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 04:24:48 AM »
It should just be AVAlge.txt without the underscore... And it should be in the rar file with the same name as the sim and with the suffix BaseBots. So if you unpack that file into your robots folder you should have all the bots needed.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:27:34 AM by Moonfisher »