Author Topic: Question about environment settings  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Vortex

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Question about environment settings
« on: November 11, 2009, 05:39:56 PM »

I know this could be a too-many-possible-answers question, since I saw so many settings to be set up (most of them I don't understand yet). What is the most standard environment configuration to test bots?

At the moment I'm working at some easy modifications of the Simplebot, which is a carnivore, so I need some alga_minimalis in it.

Then, I have the following configuration.

General tab:

Size: Smallest possible - I don't need much space since I'm running very simple tests.
Corpses: Enable as NRG - But I don't really know what it means.
Population control: 30 max - But this may vary according to the test I'm running, not important at the moment.
Pond mode: Activated, intensity 20, sediment 1, scaling 40 - I have basically no idea of what it does, but I saw it works much better than the other way of supplying autotroph veggies.
Body/NRG distribution: 50-50 - I like to see them grow

Physics and costs:

Environment: Fluid, thin.
Costs: F1 default.

What I didn't mention should be default (unless I did touch it without noticing). Could be fine? Suggestions?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Question about environment settings
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 10:36:15 PM »
That should be fine.  Pond mode provides lots of energy near the top of the sim and filters it out based on the gradient. (eg: think of a muddy aquarium with you looking at it from the side).

You can also turn on F1 contest settings by turning on a F1 contest and then turning it off.