Author Topic: 2.44.1a Release!  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
2.44.1a Release!
« on: May 26, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »
Here it is.

Basically just removed missing or broken features and fixed several bugs.

It should run faster and better, with fewer errors.
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
2.44.1a Release!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »
Sweet
Do the leagues work ?

And do you think you may have time to look at "exploits" aswell ?
I'm mostly thinking of a cap on .shootval and raping alge in the leagues (Maybe just make alge "imune" to sexrepro in the leagues).

And completely off subject: When are we going to see DB3 ?
Not to stress you or anything

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
2.44.1a Release!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 10:38:12 AM »
I've never seen a working league myself, so I honestly have no idea if they work.

I think an option to disable sexrepro per species is pretty simple to do, so when I find the time, I may try to get that working.

DB3 is still well in progress, and at the moment we are dealing with the issues of collision handling.  Progress has slowed down quite a bit due to recent events, so things are taking longer than (I) expected, but it is still under construction, and you will know as soon as we have any big news to share
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.44.1a Release!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »
You should have permissions to commit to the VB repository: clicky.

I'll also set you up to access the FTP, so you can put a distributable with the rest of them.

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
2.44.1a Release!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 10:05:03 AM »
Wheeee!

I feel special now (although in another release or two I was gonna ask for access anyway.)

Important question:

When I made this version I had to break (I think) the code for splitting species because the methods and functions used didn't exist.  How in the world did EricL manage to create a .EXE from code that wouldn't perform a full compile?

Also, why would he do that knowing it meant the system had serious bugs as a result?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.44.1a Release!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »
My impression is that Eric was sort of in the middle of stuff when real life called.  He wasn't using any version control or anything, and code tends to get a bit messy between major revisions...

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
2.44.1a Release!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 07:41:10 AM »
I'm testing this version now and it seems to be working pretty good so far. I have a line formation of small bots which I don't think I've seen since version 2.43p!  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.