Author Topic: Fungus Zbot  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Fungus Zbot
« on: May 24, 2009, 12:42:14 PM »
Not sure exactly how long it took... been putting it into a new sim at times in roder to change the detailed mutation rates.
Even with higher chance for insertion, and reduced deletion mutations, and the minimum overall mutation rate, it still ended up focusing on code compression.
So currently trying to enter this into the sim with 1/10 of regular mutation rates... maybe that will allow the dna to grow a litle.
Anyway you can just toss it into regular F1 settings, not great for leagues, but it's very stable and mutation resiliant. Probably good for tossing into evo sims or something

Code: [Select]
326 stop
 store
 store

''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Begins at position  5  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 sqr .tie dec
 59 << *.robage 192
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  1 Ends at position  12  '''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Begins at position  13  '''''''''''''''''''''''
 start
 overbool
 .shoot dec
 ceil >> rnd << << ++ store
 store
 stop
''''''''''''''''''''''''  Gene:  2 Ends at position  25  '''''''''''''''''''''''

This could be cleaned up ofcourse, and I suspect further evolution with the same setting would keep cutting away anything possible to reduce the chance of mutating.

But it seems to me like it would be a nice feature if you could allow the mutation rate to follow the dna length. The longer the dna, the more likely it is to mutate, and code compression may be interesting to observe, but if one wanted to promote compexity it would probably be faster if more dna didn't equal more mutations. Or the bar for regulating overall mutation rates could just be a field allowing a much larger range. (I just hate having to extract the organism to reincert it with new mutation settings, since I can't be sure the one I extracted was the best choice )
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:46:35 PM by Shasta »

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: Fungus Zbot
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 02:01:51 PM »
Moonfisher, you will be happy to find out that thanks to sunline mutations (TM) the program now selects it's own detailed mutation rates.  :)