Author Topic: Naiture  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Naiture
« on: May 08, 2009, 02:24:33 PM »
So there is this program being developed (on spare time, and not by anyone on this forum [I don't think]) called Naiture, which is a sequel to a program called aiPlanet. Basically it is an evolution simulation, but on the scale of one whole planet!  Only problem here is that the developer is in need of funds for his work.  He can only work on it as a side project right now, so I was thinking we might be able to stir up some interest, both here, and with those that know about him.  Win win, of course.

I'm not sure what language he is writing it in, and I don't think he knows about us (yet), but I wanted to run the idea past you guys.  I'll say right here though that I don't think there are many people interested in the program right now.  Probably because aiPlanet had no stable versions, and his Naiture website is now (permanently) offline due to uncontrollable circumstances.

What do you guys think?
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Naiture
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »
It was a fun program to play with.  I tried to do something similar about two years ago, but I never got very far with it.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Naiture
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 06:23:58 PM »
I was thinking of using the sphere idea for organism sharing. Basically the upload is at the north pole and the download is on the south pole.
But I figured why waste time constructing a 3D model if I can use a 2D model with the same result. Hence I came up with this:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2226/38784377.jpg

Basically when a robot reaches the yellow border of A it goes to the opposite side of B..  Also when a robot reaches the yellow border of B it goes to the  opposite side  of A.

(Where B is the upload)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:34:02 PM by Botsareus »