Author Topic: I need some detail on running leagues.  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
I need some detail on running leagues.
« on: April 27, 2009, 10:50:04 AM »
5. Now select the F1 league button under the simulation settings/restart and leagues tab, tick the 'run leagues on start, make sure you have the algae first in the list(normally Alga_Minimalis) selected plus the bot (or bots) you want to enter into the league. (Also make sure physics & costs 'The Big Blue Screen Acts Like A' is set to metal and physics & costs 'costs' is set to F1 default).

1.)
When you say "algae first in the list" do you mean the species list, or is it somewhere under the "F1 tab"

Also, will the program set the alga as a veg. and disable mutations for all robots entered in the league automatically?

2.)
Where in the code does setting the "'The Big Blue Screen" to a "metal" is stored? What I mean is which variable structure when it gets transferred from the settings to the simulation?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:10:14 AM by Botsareus »

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 12:00:00 PM »
Well, I can mostly answer 1 for you.  When you choose F1 league settings, I believe it does EVERYTHING automatically, and if it doesn't, it should (leagues won't work on my computer, so I could be mistaken).

As for 2, I have no idea.  I can't use VB6, which is part of why we are still only on V2.44.1 right now :/
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 02:20:56 PM »
Ok , I figured 2 out...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 04:53:06 PM »
Basically when you open the options panel, it creates a temporary options variable.  Then when you start the sim, it copies this temp opts to the simulation options (SimOpts (sp?)).

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 11:02:58 AM »
Field size 9237 X 6928. If you can't figure out how to get this (non standard size), just click the "Restart and Leagues" tab from the options window then check the "Use F1 conditions" box. If you don't want to run the leagues, simply uncheck it again and the size setting will stay the same.
Veggie feeding rate = 40 (default set by F1 mode)
Maximum veggies = 25 (default set by F1 mode)
Respawn veggies = 10 (default set by F1 mode)
Kill distant Vaggies = OFF
Corpses = OFF
Pond mode = OFF
Day Night cycles = OFF
Bouyancy = OFF
Friction = 3
Gravity = zero
Brownian Motion = zero
Mutations = ALL Disabled
Internet sharing = OFF

I can't find settings like "Friction = 3" in DB 2.43. Can someone list the DB 2.43 equivalent of each setting that does not exist in 2.43?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:04:48 AM by Botsareus »

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 05:35:43 PM »
Let me guess: When you click F1 mode it sets all the settings automaticaly.

But I still want to know how the old settings look like in the the newer DB virsions...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 05:36:38 PM »
Eric's the only one who could answer that question.

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 11:57:12 PM »
Quote from: Botsareus
Let me guess: When you click F1 mode it sets all the settings automaticaly.

But I still want to know how the old settings look like in the the newer DB virsions...
Not everything... surface type & cost x are two IIRC

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 10:31:37 AM »
I believe they each have F1 mode buttons of their own, correct? I know costs does.

This brings up an interesting point though... What are we going to do about DB3?!?!  I don't recall any plans to implement any leagues in DB3...  Not that it would be at all hard to do

Oh, and a tidbit of info.  DB3 now has its first functioning settings window (minus the mutations popup).  Don't worry, I am hard at work designing the other settings, and trust me, confusion will be a thing of the past.

But back on topic: why do you need to know all of this?  I am curious as to what you are up to.
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 11:15:51 AM »
I am making a new league system, and I want the F1 settings to load instead of lastexit.set (This will be optional)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 05:05:26 PM »
Quote from: Prsn828
What are we going to do about DB3?!?!  I don't recall any plans to implement any leagues in DB3...

I'm thinking we can run leagues as something like a batch file.  It would run a console version (or GUI version if you prefer) of DB3 for each match.  Command line arguments would put it into "league" mode so it would exit as soon as a winner is declared, and return who that winner is somehow.