Author Topic: Some Bugs  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Shen

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Some Bugs
« on: April 08, 2005, 10:51:35 AM »
Renaming or deleting a Bot used in the current or loaded settings then starting the sim causes the program to ask for the location but doesnt accept it and needs a three finger salute. Fairly serious

The species starting position grid doesnt save properly. Sometimes not at all sometimes one of the corners is misplaced causing wierdness. Annoying for ant bots.

New mutation panel. In the mutation tab the 'Cycles at 16x' button increases the 'Cycles at 1/16th'. Also 1/16th bit only says 'Cycles at'. Manualy typing in the cycles wanted works though.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Some Bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 11:43:46 AM »
Renaming or deleting a Bot used in the current or loaded settings then starting the sim causes the program to ask for the location but doesnt accept it and needs a three finger salute. Fairly serious

Could you be a bit more specific please. I haven't seen this bug and can't make it happen either.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Shen

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Some Bugs
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 01:43:24 PM »
Ok example. When im working on bots I lke to have my half working version in a settings file for ease of testing. But if I rename the bot to something else the setting file would still be pointed to the old filename and I would get the message

ATTENZIONE!! FILE DNA NON TROVATO:
PROVARE A SOSITUIRLO O CERCARLO NELLA DIR ROBOTS

But if I start the sim anyway it asks where the dna file is but wont accept it when pointed to it.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Some Bugs
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 02:01:12 PM »
Oh I see now.

So what you are doing is trying to load up a robot DNA file that doesn't exist.

What would you like fixed here. Obviously I can't make the program go searching for a non-existant file. Would you just like to have the sim refuse to start instead of crashing?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Shen

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Some Bugs
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 02:57:17 PM »
Whatever is easier for you works for me, its a pretty obscure bug :)

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Some Bugs
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 11:20:22 PM »
What about a save as xyz.txt and restart feature that uses that bot? This way if you see a bot evolve an interesting behavior the sim could be restarted with the new species for futher evolution.

Could we cut down on the hashmarks? I can understand them when they're used for net sharing but we don't...Makes it a pain to delete them whenever I'm testing offspring against their parents.

Endy B)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 04:42:22 AM by Endy »