Author Topic: I got my internet working and I got msdn/vs6 , few!  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
I got my internet working and I got msdn/vs6 , few!
« on: March 09, 2009, 10:52:37 AM »
The source code for 2.43.1L doesn't exist. You have to go back to an older version (1h) or go forward to a newer version where league runs are broken (2.44.1). here's the source download.

Good luck

1.) What I need is a version of the DB source code which is actually used right now in the actual F1 legue...

For a completely new installation it is necessary to download version 2.1 and run the setup file before upgrading to later versions.
This will set up all of the necessary directories and install the program. It will also add a number of activeX files to the Windows\system32 directory.

The download is available at the current Downloads or you can also try the old FTP.

2.) Does the source code is all I need or should I install v2.1 and then put the source code in the same folder (so it picks up all the right folders and stuff) ? By the way: Is there any files still used externally like the sysvars was used in v2.1 ?

install v2.1 and then put the source code in the same folder

Will that let me run DB from the vb debugger or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:59:51 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »
Are you looking to edit the program, or are you just looking to get a version that you can use running on your computer?

If you just want a working version of the program to run then you don't need the source code.  Just follow the installation instructions.  I suggest that after you complete installation you go and find the 2.43.1L version, as it is the most stable version to my knowledge.
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
by "source code" people usually mean "edit the program"... but my spelling was so bad that I see where people got confused...  

//read it again ^ , I worked on my spelling //

P.S.

I guess I will download 1h and see how it works out; If I still don't figure it out I will be back...

O ok, I just went to the download page and they have 2.44.1 is that fully working or not?

Aha, PY:
This league was run on DB 2.43
so that's what I will use: 1h
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:11:01 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »
I would not recommend putting the VB source code in your main Darwinbots install.  It gets very messy that way.  But there's nothing preventing you from doing that if you want.  There shouldn't be any external file dependencies like with the sysvars.txt file in older versions.  The version used in the leagues is 2.43.1L I believe.  But as I say the source for that version doesn't exist.  You have to either go back to an older version or forward to a newer version.

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 10:18:48 PM »
Quote from: Botsareus
by "source code" people usually mean "edit the program"... but my spelling was so bad that I see where people got confused...  

//read it again ^ , I worked on my spelling //

P.S.

I guess I will download 1h and see how it works out; If I still don't figure it out I will be back...

O ok, I just went to the download page and they have 2.44.1 is that fully working or not?

Aha, PY:
This league was run on DB 2.43
so that's what I will use: 1h

1) First install version 2.1 (Follow this link: Darwinbots 2.1)
2) Now download the file for version 2.43.1L to the SAME PLACE that the file "DarwinBots 2.1.exe" is located (Follow this link: Darwinbots 2.43.1L)
3) Run the file called "DarwinBots 2.43.1L.exe" (That is the file you downloaded in step 2)
4) Enjoy the wonderful program that is DarwinBots!
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!