Author Topic: Visual Studio 2008  (Read 6217 times)

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Visual Studio 2008
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 01:41:55 AM »
What about using the x-box as a media extender?
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Visual Studio 2008
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 03:22:34 AM »
Knowing nothing about it yet, my guess is that you'll need to run a PC version as a "bridge".

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Visual Studio 2008
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 07:22:56 AM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Knowing nothing about it yet, my guess is that you'll need to run a PC version as a "bridge".

Let me explain a little.

When the XBox360 is connected to a network, and that same network has a computer connected, a bubble-window thingy appears in the bottom-right corner of the screen, next to the network status, saying that a Windows media extender is available.

By registering the 360 with the computer you can (I believe) download files between the computer and the 360.

If nothing else, we could save the sims as a video file on the 360 (a corrupt one), and transfer them to the computer, changing the extension to the correct .xml (I assume that is what it will be) extension.

I am 90% sure you can transfer video files, which is why I chose that as the example format in this little rant
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!