Author Topic: Illumina Job  (Read 4685 times)

Offline Cyberduke

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Illumina Job
« on: October 25, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »
Today I received an e-mail from a recruitment company asking whether I would be interested in a job with a company called ‘Illumina’. Which was only of note because for one, they deal with producing tools for genetic analysis, and two, the job is based 5 miles from where I was born and lived for the first 12 years of my life. I just wondered given the field; does anyone know of them?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:30:48 PM by Cyberduke »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Illumina Job
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 05:52:55 PM »
Well, I won't think the chance is high you'll find someone who knows Illumina. Most active members are coders anyway(or so do I think). What kind of job would it be anyway. Some office job, in the lab, truck driver, anything..  
If you would want to find some info the best way would be as ever, google.

Sorry I didn't help you.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Cyberduke

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Illumina Job
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »
I have already googled them but I was wondering if anyone had any first-hand knowledge or opinions. The job is a C# Programmer position relating to the visualisation of data from genetic analysis. I thought if anywhere on the internet someone might have heard of them it would be here. Since they produce software tools for genetic research.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 06:17:04 PM by Cyberduke »

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Illumina Job
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 10:22:14 AM »
Just make sure they don't have any connections to Monsanto. I saw a documentary on TV here about how dirty that company is.  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Illumina Job
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 11:26:06 AM »
I doubt anyone would really know that company, so let take this offtopic. I hope you don't mind Cyberduke

What do you exactly think what is wrong with monsanto Testlund. They seem to have genetic manupilated seeds. Often combined with there herbicide and also grow hormones for cows. Enough to seem a bad company(maybe they are), but what do you think is wrong about the company. Any company can be seen wrong.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Illumina Job
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »
Food monopoly, farmers livelihood ruined, pesticides that kills plant and animal life, people getting sick, disrupted plant growth, lots of trials in court. Imagine just one company owning all food resources because of a patent they got from genetic modification. You're not allowed to seed anything without their permission. Lots of food designed without any seed so you have to buy seed from them to be able to grow anything. Studies have shown that the body's immune system reacts to the food because of poisonous substances in it.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Illumina Job
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 02:32:56 PM »
Alright you confinced me, Monsanto is bad.

I just asked becouse you seem to have a whole other idea then me, about what is bad(maybe my ethical level is lower). Well as even I think it is bad, it is bad, it really is.