Author Topic: create working dna!(or about as close as you can  (Read 3568 times)

Offline multibotlover

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
create working dna!(or about as close as you can
« on: December 27, 2008, 04:58:49 PM »
I was bored this weekend so I dug around in my room and found an old box of magnetics. I was wondering what I could to with them when I remembered an animation I had watched, where the guy explained that dna is made of 4 diffferent molecules that can all link together sideways but only specific pairs could link head to head. after I sorted them out I paired up the peices like this...

R-G
B-Y

or red-green, blue-yellow
then I randomely connected a bunch sideways. just using that code I was able to make a  very primitive, but hypothotically functional membrane that could wrap around a cell. by copying the gene in the way Rna does, and with 3 simple folds I had something resembling a "fatty acid" (what is thought to have made the first cell membrane) that connected to the other ones.
the gene looks like this-

Y
R
Y
G
B...........to make a fatty acid from this you fold it in half, then take the pair of B-Y that is different than the other two and
Y...........attatch it to the middle pair, then the remaining one on the end it put in the middle also so that the whole thing
R...........looks like a 3 by 2 structure with a "tail"that is 2 pairs long and one piece thick.
B
G-------------------------------[][][]
B---------------------------------[]--------kinda like this
-----------------------------------[]

since then I have evolved genes for making pores in the wall that enzymes(also evolved) could be injected through into other cells, and I have evolved a type of "protein" that helps with the building and seperation of Rna that I call the "T" protien because thats what it looks like.So now I have a system of Rna, protiens, enzymes, and acids that closely resemble life that I built out of childrens toys .

PS-im only 14

cool huh?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 05:13:57 PM by multibotlover »