Author Topic: another MB idea  (Read 3536 times)

Offline multibotlover

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
another MB idea
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:28:04 PM »
I have another idea already!

Ive noticed that in the newer versions of DB the cells can change sizes. Well...

What if someone designed a bot that has a big central cell a bunch of little ones around it in a half ring shape?

Then the bot could be peacefully eating some alga when it is suddenly attacked. instead of running away(because its predators could easily catch and kill it,) it transfers almost all of the NRG from the central big cell to the outer little cells, reversing their size and causing the ring to close. The central cell then tells all the outer cells to start firing at whatever they can see. After the enemy has been obliterated (as in it cant see it anymore) the MB returns to its normal state and resumes eating.

So what do you think?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 01:29:39 PM by multibotlover »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
another MB idea
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:37:13 PM »
From small to big doesn't go that fast. Before the outer-bots are big. A random fighter bot has broken throught the ring. Maybe a few of the little bots could break off and distract the attackers.

Anyway make a bot-idea topic. Looks more cleaner, and is a way to look at all of your ideas at the same time.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline multibotlover

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
another MB idea
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 02:12:03 PM »
thanks for the advice!

PS the central cell also acts as a brain, controlling all the other cells.

Offline peterb

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
another MB idea
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 04:11:28 PM »
hmm

A few days a go, I had some bot DNA wich often turned out with a big central powerfull bot.
Somehow it regulary (dough not that often) ended with some of them ..having a tiny circling bot rotating around them trough a tie.
It was like those had a satelite protection. The satelite was too small to make the big cell drift in its course.
But it attacked others who where not seen by the big fellow since I use verry simple vision.
Now that I'm reading your idea; it reminds me that that was something special perhaps
Dough it was lost by the human evolution intervention..

Offline multibotlover

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
another MB idea
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 04:17:31 PM »
if that behavior happens again you should save it and show me

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
another MB idea
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:29:12 PM »
Making multibots has a maddening, addictive quality, doesn't it?
Anyway, when you make ties for a nonlinear bot and intend to use different nodes, you should use different numbers for creating ties eg. .id .tie store. This allows you to cycle information.
 This bot is basically the same as an idea I had a few weeks ago, except the full works, shell, shot selection, adaptable poison etc. The growth thing fails miserably, as only the outer cells can simultaneously grow, invariably causing the brain to shrink to nothingness.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan