Author Topic: Ties, to few of them  (Read 6814 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« on: April 08, 2005, 11:47:36 AM »
We all know the maximum number of ties are 3. but ive been thinking and made a few exemples on paper of MBs. and what ive come up whit is that 3 isnt enough. we need 4 it makes it alot better. I have once again a new idea for a MB, man I get new all the time but never finish them. if we have 3 ties only I have to use 1 bot more and the tie connecting gets alot trickier. but whit 4 its no problem. how about increasing the amount of ties to 4?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 12:15:37 PM »
More ties is definitely on the to-do list. 4 would be easy enough and shouldn't upset anything that already exists.

The idea that Num and I are working towards is infinite possible ties.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 12:55:54 PM »
how sweet, how fast would it take to get atleast 4?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 01:11:50 PM »
If I am right, about 5 seconds. I am pretty sure that the tie limit is set by a one liner.

I will have to check to be sure though.
and those who don't

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »
is it possible for us to change it so we dont need to dl a new db version?

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 04:02:01 PM »
Only if you have a VB6.0 compiler.

Besides which I have just been playing with some graphical shape functions and it just occurred to me that it might be really cool to allow the maximum number of ties to mutate for robots that have different shapes.

I have some cute little triangular robots on my screen right now. They should probably only be allowed 3 ties (one per side)

But with the change of a single value I can give them any number of sides from 2 to 10 or more (more ties avaliable but easier prey for tie feeders). This could easily be controlled from mutations
and those who don't

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 04:38:08 PM »
ok, right now I got somekinda spaceship bot right now

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 05:00:12 PM »
Just because they are triangular or square or hexagonal doesn't make them spaceships y'know
and those who don't

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 01:15:38 AM »
its not them im sitting whit, im sitting whot some ive amde

Offline Light

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 01:11:52 PM »
But with the change of a single value I can give them any number of sides from 2 to 10 or more (more ties avaliable but easier prey for tie feeders). This could easily be controlled from mutations
2 sided bot wouldn't that just be a line?  ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 01:13:01 PM by Light »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005, 01:54:26 PM »
3=ok, 4 better, and 5 even better :D

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Ties, to few of them
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 04:58:42 PM »
2 sided bot wouldn't that just be a line? 

Yup sure would!

And don't they look funny too? A little line trundling around with a white dot at one end, shooting the crap out of loads of other little lines. You should see them with ties  :D

Probably not everybody's idea of fun eh? Haven't tried one side yet but I think it would just work out to be the eye dot with no body at all.

Triangles work really good though as do squares and pentagons. Hexagons are OK but much beyond that and it might just as well be a circle.
I could maybe experiment with other shapes but they would be much more complex to program.
and those who don't