Author Topic: sporebot  (Read 4872 times)

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sporebot
« on: May 13, 2010, 09:19:35 PM »
OK, my first bot... It's a. minimalis, but when it reproduces it sends its offspring everywhere kinda like they're spores
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sporebot
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 03:58:32 AM »
Add this gene at the start and it would work:
[div class=\'codetop\']CODE[div class=\'codemain\' style=\'height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto\']cond
*.robage 0 =
start
.tie inc
stop
This would delete the birth tie and replace it with a regular tie, and your tie deletion gene would sever it then.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline happyhamsterchan

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sporebot
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 12:10:33 PM »
I thought my tie deletion gene already works?
I AM THE...

AWESOME...

FUN...

TURTLE!!!!!

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sporebot
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 12:39:18 PM »
Well, it shouldn't. Deltie doesn't delete birth ties, so you have to replace the birth tie with a regular tie at robage 0. Then you can delete it.
"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."

-Charles Darwin

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sporebot
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 01:12:43 PM »
Quote from: Billy
Well, it shouldn't. Deltie doesn't delete birth ties, so you have to replace the birth tie with a regular tie at robage 0. Then you can delete it.
What makes you say this?

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sporebot
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 06:27:45 PM »
Quote from: ikke
What makes you say this?
Because that was my understanding of birth tie deletion. If I'm wrong, I'm terribly sorry, and it would be great if you could explain the correct information to me.

-Charles Darwin

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sporebot
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 02:02:22 AM »
Because that was my understanding of birth tie deletion. If I'm wrong, I'm terribly sorry, and it would be great if you could explain the correct information to me.
My bots don't seem to need it, so in the sim it's not an issue. I'm just curious where you picked it up.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sporebot
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 04:46:43 AM »
Quote from: ikke
My bots don't seem to need it, so in the sim it's not an issue. I'm just curious where you picked it up.
it's on the wiki in several places. Here for example.

-Charles Darwin

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
sporebot
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 06:23:44 AM »
You only needed to make a new tie in older versions because the birth tie couldn't be accessed. Now .deltie inc will do it since birth ties are always nr 1. (Not sure from what version, but it's a while back)
Also if you never want ties, just do this:

start
.deltie inc
stop

Incrementing and decrementing costs the same as a condition, so it won't be expensive to cut ties every cycle.

Offline Billy

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sporebot
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 08:03:33 AM »
Quote from: Moonfisher
You only needed to make a new tie in older versions because the birth tie couldn't be accessed. Now .deltie inc will do it since birth ties are always nr 1. (Not sure from what version, but it's a while back)
Also if you never want ties, just do this:

start
.deltie inc
stop

Incrementing and decrementing costs the same as a condition, so it won't be expensive to cut ties every cycle.
Okay, thanks. I usually use this for tie preventation:

cond
*.tienum 0 >
start
*.tipres .deltie store
stop

That way, it works whatever the tie number.
I'm a little confuzed about inc/dec. On the wiki it says they cost nothing. Is that out of date too?

-Charles Darwin

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Re: sporebot
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 01:24:13 PM »
Not in correct format. Moving to untagged.