Author Topic: MB architecture: How do we get amoeba/fungus moving?  (Read 7961 times)

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
MB architecture: How do we get amoeba/fungus moving?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 08:43:51 PM »
You can use *.totalbots w/timer for setting the aim for an entire MB at once. They don't hunt very well but seeing a whole species simultaneously change directions is pretty impressive.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 11:20:41 PM »
Strange, a timer-based conspec never worked because of every reading being identical...
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 10:04:51 AM »
It starts at a random number between -32000 and 32000, different for each bot the first cycle. I think Eric changed it at some point. Still don't think it'd make a good conspec loc, be too easy to copy and automatically pass on to decendents.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »
A good conspec is pretty easy made. The simplest could be storing a changing sysvar into an *out sysvar.

Just check *.refnrg with *.in1. And you have an strong conspec system.
Trying to fool a bad conspec-system by copying it is a pretty low tactic anyway.

Nice idea endy. *.totalbots is more powerful then you could see inmidiate. I gues a total-wide same sysvar like that could be used for multiple things, still thinking what that could be.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline d-EVO

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 03:17:33 PM »
This is a gene I used on one of my test amoebas, think it worked well. It als0 traveled in a way to cover most of the map.
I will download the bot to if you want to see how it works

Code: [Select]
cond
 *.eye5 0 =
 *.myeye *.refeye = or
 *.timer 35 >
start
 -1 .fixang store
 *.velup 20 <
 5 .up store
 dropbool
 *.timer 1256 mod %=
 20 .up store
 dropbool
stop
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:18:16 PM by d-EVO »
1:      2 is true
2:      1 is false

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 05:11:46 PM »
Way cool  

I'd love to see that in action

Nice idea endy. *.totalbots is more powerful then you could see inmidiate. I gues a total-wide same sysvar like that could be used for multiple things, still thinking what that could be.

Mainly would use them for action co-ordination, for *.totalbots I just use it for aiming the whole MB in a single direction. As long as they're all facing the same way the move great.