0 (0%)
New zealand
2 (12.5%)
USA
4 (25%)
Other country
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: From what country is everybody  (Read 6576 times)

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
From what country is everybody
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 05:34:14 PM »
Quote from: Cyberduke
In that case I wish to withdraw my vote for 'Other country' and vote for the UK instead
I tried to change something on the poll. You can try to vote correct altrough I'm not sure it will work. I hope it does.  

Anyway, the EU is not the ideal in my opinion. I don't really like the economic tie beith southern and eastern countrys. Short the biggest part of the EU. A country doing wrong is costing another country money on the long term.
If you take unemployment, there is currently a decent unemployment-percentage in the Netherlands(2,6%). But those figures are partly destroyed becouse France and Spain are having between 8% and 11%.

And with the national anthem. I suppose you mean ''Ode an die Freude'' the european  anthem. I don't like the idea of a european super-state too. And something like changing the national anthem for the european would be a first step to it. I won't think every european would ammuse the ringeless(ß) in the anthem a letter where some don't even know what it means.

Our national anthem remeans from the war of indepence with spain. Altrough there is some old dutch I like the idea that it is something written at the start of the country. It is the oldest anthem in the world too, yea.

And don't start with your royal house. Our one seems to cost four times more.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
From what country is everybody
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
I don't think Europe will ever be as federal as the United States.  It's more like the American Confederacy during the civil war: a loose conglomeration of political entities which fiercely believe in self determination.