Author Topic: Hey, am I an artist or what  (Read 4882 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Hey, am I an artist or what
« on: April 07, 2005, 10:16:12 AM »
This is what I've been working on for probably 24 hours all together (made the model from scratch, figured out how to start texturing it, etc.):

That's my first attempt at applying a texture to it.  Actually turned out alot better than I expected.

It's a whole body (albeit it with no clothes on) modeled in Maya using the Joan of Arc modeling tutorial.  It's like my 5th go at it (it's not easy at all!) and I'm actually more or less pleased with what I have.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 10:27:29 AM by Numsgil »

Offline Light

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 10:52:16 AM »
wow very cool :clap: but 24 hours, that could have been used programing darwinbots  :bigginangel:

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 11:08:32 AM »
Yeah, that is pretty cool.  But next time make the head smaller and boobs bigger  :P
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 11:26:32 AM »
why the head? I think the boobs shall be the big ones :P
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 11:34:17 AM »
:D  :P Looks like a big headed Borg Queen, nice one Num , I did not even texture "The Door" yet... I am probebly never will get to 3D video games , will I now  :(

When you make your space game will it be freeware ?

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 12:26:46 PM »
whos making a space game? nums? sweet :D what kind? 4x? rpg? strat? rt or tb then?
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 06:41:40 PM »
Bots, if I've learned anything at all it's that when you're learning all this stuff, you can't give up.  You have to keep steadily at it, experimenting and practicing over and over and over and over.

Yeah, I'm working on a space exploration game.  I'm not just exagerating when I say it's toatlly unique.  I've been looking for any game like it for over a year.  The closest game to it is Strange Adventures in Infinite Space.  Only that game is designed to last 15 minutes.  Mine's designed to last indefinately.

How?  With over 200 Billion stars.  That's right.  200 Billion.  And I've already figured out how to do that.  Cool or what?

Yeah Bots, freeware and open source.  I eat, drink, and live open source.  Do you think I paid hundreds of dollars for Maya?  All software must be freely available!  Hahaha.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 07:41:56 PM »
yea, I know in order to get good at somthing you have to do it non-stop, Its good advice Num, when I will really need it thats what I will do.

Offline Botsareus

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 07:43:24 PM »
Num, how random is this thing , is it random down to the orginisms leaving on the plants?

Whats the main objective of the game?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 07:48:26 PM »
Yeah, you can land on planets around any sun and explore on foot.  The landscapes are all figured out using random numbers on the fly.  The game is meant to be pretty open ended.  You could just land on one planet and build it up by hand.  Then the game is a fairly simple city builder.

Or you can just explore.  Landing on planets only long enough to take a few samples back with you.

You get the idea.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 08:00:56 PM »
Sounds cool. I love that kind of game.  B)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 08:03:18 PM »
The bigness of the head you guys described...  It may just be the angle of the camera.  It fits exactly into the template I'm using from the tutorial, so I don't know what to say.

The body is definately not a natural one.  The waste is itty bitty.  She's probably got about a C cup on her.  You just can't find any flat chested 3D tutorials, what can I say.