Author Topic: Internet Mode error!  (Read 3743 times)

Offline jknilinux

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Internet Mode error!
« on: September 28, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »
Hi, in internet mode, I keep getting this:

9/28/2008 2:15:24 PM: Time out getting FTP Directory of bots
9/28/2008 2:16:56 PM: Time out disconnecting

OVER and OVER... Nothing works.

Also, when it did work, I would get this all the time:

9/28/2008 1:41:07 PM: Error disconnecting Unable to connect to remote host

I know EricL said to wait, and it goes away as the teleporter works once every few hours, but does this really happen to everyone? Does IM usually only work once every few hours?

Thanks, and sorry for all the errors I keep posting. At least it runs now, though.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Internet Mode error!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »
IM tends to be buggy.  We're using some low level VB6 routines that I don't think clean up after themselves properly.  Resetting the program tends to fix it once it gets in that "unable to disconnect" state.  Otherwise there really isn't anything you can do.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Internet Mode error!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 02:26:23 PM »
I know EricL said to wait, and it goes away as the teleporter works once every few hours, but does this really happen to everyone? Does IM usually only work once every few hours?

Thanks, and sorry for all the errors I keep posting. At least it runs now, though.
Eh, no it doesn't happen to everyone. Uou only getting bots in every few hours isn't good.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline jknilinux

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Internet Mode error!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Resetting the program tends to fix it once it gets in that "unable to disconnect" state.

The problem is it's ALWAYS in the "unable to disconnect" state, ever since I start the program. Resetting does nothing.

Also, once in a while, it finally says it teleported in something, like seasnake 8020..., but I see nothing there. The only thing I've ever successfully teleported in was flyfruit, twice, after two days on the IM. Ugh!  

Anyone else get this on their machine? Is it a problem with vista? Thanks!

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Internet Mode error!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 04:22:48 PM »
Quote from: jknilinux
Quote from: Numsgil
Resetting the program tends to fix it once it gets in that "unable to disconnect" state.

The problem is it's ALWAYS in the "unable to disconnect" state, ever since I start the program. Resetting does nothing.

Also, once in a while, it finally says it teleported in something, like seasnake 8020..., but I see nothing there. The only thing I've ever successfully teleported in was flyfruit, twice, after two days on the IM. Ugh!  

Anyone else get this on their machine? Is it a problem with vista? Thanks!
Did you use the installer I linked towards. After that did you put the newest DB-version out there(I believe it is one version short). It probably won't help but you never know. Here you have a link DB2.44

I wouldn't know if it was a problem with vista. Visa had a ban from my computer(for various reasons).

One of that reasons was that vista couldn't connect to internet properly. Maybe that one is the root of your problems, but I'll doubt it. You can browse as I see.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Internet Mode error!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 04:24:32 AM »
It has worked well for me this weekend, but then I started having problems within a few hours of running DB in IM. Now it causes DB to permanently freeze up displaying various downloading/connection errors. Have to use 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete" to quit and then restart.
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Prsn828

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Internet Mode error!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »
Bump!

But seriously, every time I use internet mode with a username in the username box in options (or in the intsett.txt file's first line) DB2 Crashes, not error dialog, just a windows vista program has terminated in an unexpected way or program cannot continue message.

If I leave the box empty it seems to work though (not that it is any good without any other sims ever being connected)
So, what will it be? Will you submit to my will, or must I bend reality to suit my needs?
Better answer before I do BOTH!