Author Topic: too fast animation!help!  (Read 9451 times)

Offline hkwh

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« on: September 25, 2008, 07:11:05 AM »
I am getting 1540.6 cycles per second for the simulation, it is NOT fast mode, please help how to slow the animation down? I can't watch the simulation at all its too fast!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 07:22:11 AM by hkwh »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 07:53:40 AM »
Quote from: hkwh
I am getting 1540.6 cycles per second for the simulation, it is NOT fast mode, please help how to slow the animation down? I can't watch the simulation at all its too fast!
If it is right, somewhere at the upper panel there is a speed-limit buton. limits to 15 cyc/sec if right.

Atleast is use too. I don't use it. Mostly I just think my sims are too slow.

1540 is extremely fast. What sim do you have, or even better what monster of a computer do you have.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline hkwh

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 08:36:06 AM »
Quote from: Peter
If it is right, somewhere at the upper panel there is a speed-limit buton. limits to 15 cyc/sec if right.

Atleast is use too. I don't use it. Mostly I just think my sims are too slow.

1540 is extremely fast. What sim do you have, or even better what monster of a computer do you have.

the "limits to 15 cyc/sec " button is always gray for me, I can't press it ...I don't know why

the simulation is so fast that I only seeing some dots flashing around..
Am I install my program right?
I Install the setup of darwin 2.1 then I download the 2.44 exe and put it in the 2.1 folder.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 08:57:43 AM by hkwh »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:15:12 AM »
I suspect you have not specified any bots for your sim.  Do that via the species tab on the options dialog...
Many beers....

Offline hkwh

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »
I now know how to lower the cycles per seconds but the bots moving so fast like crazy and sometimes even bump inside the vegetable and shaking abnormally, can I lower the movement speed of the bots?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:21:24 AM by hkwh »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:25:59 AM »
I suspect the reason you sim is running so fast is that you too few bots in there.  It really would help if you could exit the simulator, look for a file called lastexit.sim in your \saves subdirectory and post that file to this topic.  That way I can investigate properly.

Welcome to DB by the way....
Many beers....

Offline hkwh

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 12:29:52 PM »
ok now
I try to simulate Alga_Minimali and T_Preservans

In version 2.1 , I get over 100 Cycle per second all the time steadily with default setting.all bots move so fast and I am dizzy.But I like its particles and all their size are the same is good.

I donwloaded the 2.44exe and put it in my 2.1 folder

In version 2.4, I get about 40 Cycle per second in the first 3 minutes(I still feel the bots moving too fast) and 3.5 cycle per second after 5 minutes!!(so choppy the bots looks like warping but still moving fast, looks like jumping from a position to another further distance position) with default setting.

Alga_Minimali ticked vegetable and fix position
I also hate the particles in 2.4 , the particles shoot out so fast and too few.

I hope I can have a smooth, steady cycle per second, slower moving bot animation.Please tell how..Is it able to keeping 60 cycle per second all the time,robot move and turn slower,bots all in same size like in 2.1 or at least don't make it too small unable to see, I guess the smallest size shouldn't smaller than 2.1 but it can grow bigger,2.1particles system?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 12:37:01 PM by hkwh »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 12:58:17 PM »
I gues I have a hunch what your problem is. You're using old bots into the new simulator. The phycics have changed somewhat. Becouse of that the 'old bots' can act strange.

Download some newer bots. Easiest way would be downloading a whole league. Look under the league-forum and you can download a whole pile of new bots in one time. They're zipped then trough.
You can also download them one at a time at the beastery.

Oh, and welcome.

DB doesn't use a graphics-partice system as far I know.

The smallest bots in DB2.44 can be really small. Most bots won't get that small.
(the new fruit-flies is an exeption, by the way)

Oh, and Eric if you read this. Put the old speed-limiter somewhere on your list todo. I can imagine that it would be handy in some cases.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:00:22 PM by Peter »

Offline hkwh

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 01:00:08 PM »
I just found a solution
In 2.1 I set max energy in the field to 1400000 and the cycle per second maintain 50-60.
I change the physic Moving faction = .4 ,friction =1 ,other=0

at least it looks better , stop bouncing and turning everywhere like crazy, I don't know can 2.44 able to do it..
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:09:50 PM by hkwh »

Offline hkwh

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 01:07:23 PM »
I gues I have a hunch what your problem is. You're using old bots into the new simulator. The phycics have changed somewhat. Becouse of that the 'old bots' can act strange.

Download some newer bots. Easiest way would be downloading a whole league. Look under the league-forum and you can download a whole pile of new bots in one time. They're zipped then trough.
You can also download them one at a time at the beastery.

Oh, and welcome.

DB doesn't use a graphics-partice system as far I know.

The smallest bots in DB2.44 can be really small. Most bots won't get that small.
(the new fruit-flies is an exeption, by the way)

Oh, and Eric if you read this. Put the old speed-limiter somewhere on your list todo. I can imagine that it would be handy in some cases.
ooh I just read your post, do you have a link to the files of the new bots ? Will they move slower and not that small?the T_Preservans is really moving very fast and just tiny when I use it in 2.44...if it doesn't help I will just use 2.1 instead of 2.44
well I wonder why would the new bot and old bot will have difference?they are just programming using the same coding method!

The particles I means is the dots that robots shooting out, they are too few and too fast comparing to 2.1 version.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:17:26 PM by hkwh »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 01:20:59 PM »
I gues I have a hunch what your problem is. You're using
ooh I just read your post, do you have a link to the files of the new bots ? Will they move slower and not that small?the T_Preservans is really moving very fast and just tiny when I use it in 2.44...if it doesn't help I will just use 2.1 instead of 2.44
The particles I means is the dots that robots shooting out, they are too few and too fast comparing to 2.1 version.
Two of the leagues.

Formula 2
Formula 1

I don't know about all bots, some will go pretty fast. It are the leagues after all. But some will go slowly.

If you can't find a proper bot. Your saying about a slow bot reminds me about a multibot a made. Called 'Stupido something'. It is also pretty slow becouse fast movement where breaking the tie-connection in the multi-bot. It isn't a very smart bot if that would be what you''re looking for.
I found the link for my MB, Stupido Idiotus , if you think that would be something.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:23:04 PM by Peter »

Offline hkwh

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 01:44:35 PM »
I gues I have a hunch what your problem is. You're using
Two of the leagues.

Formula 2
Formula 1

I don't know about all bots, some will go pretty fast. It are the leagues after all. But some will go slowly.

If you can't find a proper bot. Your saying about a slow bot reminds me about a multibot a made. Called 'Stupido something'. It is also pretty slow becouse fast movement where breaking the tie-connection in the multi-bot. It isn't a very smart bot if that would be what you''re looking for.
I found the link for my MB, Stupido Idiotus , if you think that would be something.

yes Stupido Idiotus has the suitable speed  well is the programming method of 2.44 is different from 2.1? I can't import Stupido Idiotus to 2.1 but only in 2.4..are there a new programming tutorial for 2.1? which one can be vegetable in the new robots?
I hope there is a option that can let the bot shoot out more quanity of particle in 2.44
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:48:13 PM by hkwh »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 01:57:49 PM »
yes Stupido Idiotus has the suitable speed  well is the programming method of 2.44 is different from 2.1? I can't import Stupido Idiotus to 2.1 but only in 2.4..are there a new programming tutorial for 2.1? which one can be vegetable in the new robots?
I hope there is a option that can let the bot shoot out more quanity of particle in 2.44
Nice, to hear it has the right speed. The reason you can't import is possible becouse stupido uses some minor calculations. I don't know if the first versions support that.
I haven't heard of a new programming tutorial, but there was a old bot tutorial from PY in the wiki. Newer tutorials are also there.

Any bot can be vegetable, just click the tab vegetable.

As far I know there isn't a option to increase quantity of the bots. A chance towards new version was that a bot can decide itself how much it shoots, or how far or how it spreats.
If you're looking for big 'amount' of shots I could think of helios, altrough it doesn't work in current versions.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 02:02:15 PM by Peter »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »
I just found a solution
In 2.1 I set max energy in the field to 1400000 and the cycle per second maintain 50-60.
I change the physic Moving faction = .4 ,friction =1 ,other=0

at least it looks better , stop bouncing and turning everywhere like crazy, I don't know can 2.44 able to do it..
I just read your post .

Indeed, ofcourse that can be done in 2.44. There are more phycics options then in 2.1 . You can see it in the tab phycics and costs. Play with the setting and you will see. Now I understand your problems, if phycics are set easy ofcourse the bots move faster, why didn't I thought of that.

Offline hkwh

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
too fast animation!help!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 02:51:54 PM »
I found that in 2.44 the bot can move inside the vegetable....can I make it not able to move inside the vegetable and bounce off vegetable surface?

also in 2.44 the Cycle per second drops to 2.9 after 5 minutes..in 2.1 it is always stable and steady, what should I set in 2.44 to keep the cycle per second stable at maybe 60?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:07:09 PM by hkwh »