Author Topic: Generation count not working OPEN  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Peksa

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Generation count not working OPEN
« on: September 20, 2008, 08:40:05 PM »
I've been running a sim for a couple million cycles now, but every bot in the sim seems to have generation count of seven, regardless of age or any other thing. I remember noticing this in earlier versions, but it never bothered me so I let it be.
EDIT: Now that I look at it, it seems that generation count is stuck on any sim I start. Maybe it has something to do with my settings? I can't think of any setting that could cause it though.

I don't know if it's related but I can't activate generational graph. It might also mess up automatic species forking.

On another note, genetic distance for both veggies and bots is something like 1-2, which is possible but sounds too small for me.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:51:52 PM by EricL »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:45:20 PM »
I'll take a look at the generation count thing.  Could just be a display thing.

Not being able to active that graph...  that's bad.  I'll be looking at that shortly.

Note that it will take a while for the generational and genetic info to fill in for existing sims.  It won't be right until you have run the sim under 2.43.1M for awhile...
Many beers....

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:54:10 PM »
The robot properties dialog is erroneously displaying gene number instead of generation in versions 2.43.1M and prior.  It's only a display issue, the underlying generation count is correct.  Fixed in 2.43.2 (the next version after 2.43.1M- I'm tired of letters).
Many beers....