Author Topic: New F1 bot standings  (Read 8306 times)

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 05:17:45 PM »
Actually, when you look through, there's quite a few that can be ignored because they're veggies (correct me if I'm wrong). Besides, I had some time spare
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 07:33:27 PM »
Okay, I just updated the league standings inclusive with the newer versions; I won't actually make any new posts, just update the current one.
I think there should be a standard when entering updated bots. For example, Etch MK II could be copied twenty times, each time making a minimal change it, then post them as different versions and take over the league. At the moment I'm going on trust which is good enough, but I thought I should raise the point anyway.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 02:01:16 AM »
It's a valid issue.  Especially since a one line tweak might make a bot behave totally different.  I'd give these "bill of rights and responsibilities" for leagues:

1.  When a new bot is submitted, the author pledges that it represents a "significant" departure from any other bot currently in the league.  Honor system here, until the first time we have bad abuse and then we'll try to invent something better.  "Significant" is judged by the community and bot author.

2.  A bot author can pull a bot of theirs from any league they want for any reason they want

3.  A bot in a league already can always challenge the bot above it in the league in case program changes make it stronger than that bot now.  Ideally leagues a re-run when new versions of the program are released, so this would happen automatically.

4.  If an author updates a bot, it most invoke points #2 by removing the bot from the league and resubmitting it.  This way you can't change you bot to get it past a hard bot then change it back.

5.  Unless the author objects, the bot will be run in all eligible leagues.  Meaning that all F2 bots should get run in F1 as well.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 02:02:43 AM by Numsgil »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 02:03:52 AM »
Okay, I just updated the league standings inclusive with the newer versions; I won't actually make any new posts, just update the current one.
Alright, and I see excelibur is going to average, did something break in that bot or something.

I think there should be a standard when entering updated bots. For example, Etch MK II could be copied twenty times, each time making a minimal change it, then post them as different versions and take over the league. At the moment I'm going on trust which is good enough, but I thought I should raise the point anyway
Not sure whatever you mean.
It sounds eather like the mutation-bot-league botsareus made up.
Or something like you want bots to be posted multiple times and run them all.
Sorry but I don't like the idea of a one-bot league, beacouse that way you would get.
winner 1
winner 0,9b
winner 0,9a
winner 0,8
winner 0,7

Ok my opinion about those updated bots. Where as a example you can take the fruit flies. There really was a minimal change.

First: You throw the earlier change out. Then the next bot challenge the league from the start.
Second: If you know the bot is going to be updated soon, ignore it. Pretty useless to let a league run then.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 02:09:51 AM »
Quote from: Numsgil
It's a valid issue.  Especially since a one line tweak might make a bot behave totally different.  I'd give these "bill of rights and responsibilities" for leagues:

1.  When a new bot is submitted, the author pledges that it represents a "significant" departure from any other bot currently in the league.  Honor system here, until the first time we have bad abuse and then we'll try to invent something better.  "Significant" is judged by the community and bot author.

2.  A bot author can pull a bot of theirs from any league they want for any reason they want

3.  A bot in a league already can always challenge the bot above it in the league in case program changes make it stronger than that bot now.  Ideally leagues a re-run when new versions of the program are released, so this would happen automatically.

4.  If an author updates a bot, it most invoke points #2 by removing the bot from the league and resubmitting it.  This way you can't change you bot to get it past a hard bot then change it back.

5.  Unless the author objects, the bot will be run in all eligible leagues.  Meaning that all F2 bots should get run in F1 as well.
This seem pretty straighforward and logic. Isn't his something to put into league-rules.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 06:21:16 PM »
As you can see, I have pulled out Fruit Flies 0.2, a.) because it's virtually identical to 0.1, and lost to it, and b.) because Moonfisher admitted that v0.1 was probably better, and I should pull it out.
- Carl Sagan

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 10:56:32 PM »
Actualy I was just trying to point out that v0.2 was better in some ways even though it lost to v0.1....
But I feel a new version should atleast beat the old one, so I'll try and get around to making a slightly more complex v0.3 to knock out v0.1
Either way loosing to v0.1 shows some weakness in the new design which I should look into weather I like it or not...  

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 07:46:28 PM »
It looks like the population control system from version 0.21 is more stable that in previous versions. Any other changes?
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 02:53:42 AM »
I put in the F2 league. As you can see, apart from This'nThat sneaking into last place, nothing much happened. Also, I'm thinking I should rerun the League, as I noticed that Occura Amplificis got broken and can't even beat This'nThat (not sure about other ones though)    
- Carl Sagan

Offline abyaly

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 12:34:17 PM »
bac, would you post a copy of your F1 league table and the bots in it?
Lancre operated on the feudal system, which was to say, everyone feuded all
the time and handed on the fight to their descendants.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
I'm not sure why the league table has 21 bots in it. Getting the table up to the default 30 slots would be another reason to rerun...

#F1
1 - Fruit_Fliesv0.21
2 - Etch Mk II(F1)(abyaly)-15.03.2008
3 - Occura Amplificis(F1)(bacillus)-25.03.08
4 - TieFighters
5 - Pacifist (5G) (Moonfisher) 19-02-08
6 - Spinnerv1.52
7 - Locust(F1)(Moonfisher)
8 - Ebola (F1Vir) (Moonfisher)
9 - Multiply4(F1)(F2)(Peter)19-12-07
10- Excalibur 1.12 (F2)(Light)-06.03.07
11- Callidus(F1)(Shen)-05.04.05
12- Blue on blue (F2)(Jez)-05.08.06
13- Bubbles (F2)(Jez)-21.08.06
14- Reaper (F1)(Googlyeyesultra)-17.07.07
15- Detonator v1.2(F1)(bacillus)-24.04.08
16- Martian Tank 3 (F2)(Martian)-06.07.2007
17- Singula Haloculus v2.1(F1)(bacillus)21.04.08
18- The One (1G)(Shen)-23.04.05
19- Republican Wasp (F1)(Commander Keen)
20- ThisnThat1.01(F2)(Peksa)12.05.08
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 12:58:25 AM »
New standings as of 3/11/08:
#F1
1 - Quickdraw(F1)(Moonfisher)
2 - Saber
3 - Fruit_Fliesv0.21
4 - Etch Mk II(F1)(abyaly)-15.03.2008
5 - Occura Amplificis(F1)(bacillus)-25.03.08
6 - TieFighters
7 - Pacifist (5G) (Moonfisher) 19-02-08
8 - Spinnerv1.52
9 - Locust(F1)(Moonfisher)
10 - Ebola (F1Vir) (Moonfisher)
11- Multiply4(F1)(F2)(Peter)19-12-07
12- Excalibur 1.12 (F2)(Light)-06.03.07
13- Callidus(F1)(Shen)-05.04.05
14- Blue on blue (F2)(Jez)-05.08.06
15- Bubbles (F2)(Jez)-21.08.06
16- Reaper (F1)(Googlyeyesultra)-17.07.07
17- Detonator v1.2(F1)(bacillus)-24.04.08
18- Martian Tank 3 (F2)(Martian)-06.07.2007
19- Singula Haloculus v2.1(F1)(bacillus)21.04.08
20- The One (1G)(Shen)-23.04.05
- Carl Sagan

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 05:00:20 AM »
Quote from: abyaly
bac, would you post a copy of your F1 league table and the bots in it?
Could you do it for the new league table too.

F2 hasn't been updated for a while too I see. In the current F2 I've got a F3-bot getting in top10.

Offline Commander Keen

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
New F1 bot standings
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »
Yeah, I'll have to update it. Another thing to put on my to-do list