Author Topic: why do some bots become stationary RESOLVED 2.43.1M  (Read 7644 times)

Offline Nitus

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
why do some bots become stationary RESOLVED 2.43.1M
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 04:54:17 AM »
I would be happy to add a fixpos per cycle cost or otherwise modify the behaviour of .fixpos, but that is a DCR (Design Change Request) not a bug.  If there is not one already, posting a topic specifying the requested change in the Suggestions forum would allow me to track it and not forget about it.  Thanks.

I started the thread in Newbie. At that point I didn't realize that an evolving zerobot might select to use .fixpos; I just wanted to know why my bots became stationary.

This issue has nothing to do with the waste threshold, although I may have inadvertently reported a bug regarding waste threshold. A higher waste threshold does not prevent bots from storing to .fixpos deliberately.

A .fixpos cost would be a nice fix until the rest comes down the pipeline, but I have to admit that this thread doesn't have much validity by the visible editorial stance on this forum. It's not really a bug that bots can select for .fixpos - it's just that there's no cost preventing them from doing so.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:56:03 AM by Nitus »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
why do some bots become stationary RESOLVED 2.43.1M
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 01:54:02 PM »
For clarity, the bug the that is fixed in 2.41.1M is the overflow that occurs when setting a waste threshold above Maxint.

Issues related to .fixpos will be handled in the Suggestions forum.
Many beers....