Author Topic: zerobot evolution  (Read 10048 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
zerobot evolution
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 02:46:18 PM »
That's weird, because I think it was Peter had trouble with the 2.4X installer and had to use the 2.1 version.  

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
zerobot evolution
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 03:04:22 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
That's weird, because I think it was Peter had trouble with the 2.4X installer and had to use the 2.1 version.  
Uh, when. Did I had trouble with the 2.4x installer.  
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
zerobot evolution
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 03:28:33 PM »
Wasn't you then   I can't find the topic, but someone was having problems trying to install the program on another computer, and it was a 2.4X installer issue.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
zerobot evolution
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 03:36:03 PM »
Oh wait, maybe could be in the 2.4 installer topic. I made a remark there that I couldn't install on school-computer. I doubt if I could with a 2.1-installer.

Jep this topic. Was this what you meant.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
zerobot evolution
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 04:27:32 PM »
No, I think this was just in the last day or two.  I said something like "well, try to use the 2.1 installer and see what happens".

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
zerobot evolution
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 05:20:25 PM »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
zerobot evolution
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 06:48:41 PM »
Ah, yes, that's it.  Note to self: jknilinux  != peter

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
zerobot evolution
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 06:27:17 AM »
Update on the sim at 8.9 m cycles. First of all I was very, very wrong with my statements regarding DNA length: the genome has shrunk to 98 and has levelled off again. I’m not predicting what the final length will be.
I have turned dynamic cost off. I raise manually. The bots are evolving in a very clear manner: since they have to stumble across a veggie (no eyesight) sporeforming is an effective strategy. With more, smaller bots the chances of one of them hitting the jackpot increases. For constant total energy the number of bots keeps rising. When I raise costx the number drops. Over time it increases again.
When I raise costx too fast the bots will go extinct within a number of generations (the environment changes too rapidly for evolution). If I raise in smaller steps, eventually going beyond the point where I put costx at originally, bots have adapted and survive. The bots can adapt to pressure but not to a shock.
Attached the sim

Offline Cyberduke

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
zerobot evolution
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 10:19:05 AM »
That sounds very similar to what happened in my zerobot sim, very low energy (150) bots that would wonder about and try to tie to everything, (though after increasing tie costs, while they still tie it would only be to one object at a time) I was still trying to figure out their conspec but they would only shoot veggies they have tied too, and when feeding they reproduced.
So when a bot came across a veggie it would latch on and feed while spewing out lots of offspring in the hope that one of them would then come across some more food.

I have put that aside now and have started a mutation sim with alga and animal minimalis, so far at 12M cycles (only about 350 bots) and they showing much more interesting behaviour.